WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years and our constantly growing team of engineering experts are always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide. Ensuring that our products reach an outstanding level of technical quality is at the core of what we do.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for a Game QA Tester to join our team as a contractor. You’ll love this role if you’re an innovative problem-solver who loves to ask the tough questions; you should be willing and excited to constantly push your own limits and to continue learning.
In This Role You Will
- Execute test cases with attention to detail to help ensure the quality of the product.
- Perform both functional and subjective testing and separate the two properly
- Write clear and concise steps to reproduce in a bug report
- Thoroughly investigate and analyze issues to find root causes
- Communicate issues and escalate if needed by understanding the bigger picture
What We're Looking For
- Background in game design, computer science, or technical art
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled troubleshooter
- An understanding of the software development life cycle and how testing applies
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice To Have Skills
- QA experience, either software or games
- Experience logging defects in bug tracking systems such as Jira
- Experience working on a live product or shipping a AAA title
- Experience identifying gaps in test coverage
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.