WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games Online Platform is looking for a smart, creative backend engineering Intern to join them in 2022. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
This role will help guide the future of the online platform that powers our games, such as Fortnite, Rocket League and Fall Guys, the Unreal Engine, the Epic Games Store and the Epic Online Services. Epic believes in an open, integrated gaming community and this opportunity is to help us build just that on a global scale. The Online platform team is a collaborative environment and a successful candidate will help to foster an open, supportive culture in which everyone can be successful and their authentic self
- Solve technical challenges at scale
- Work with public cloud infrastructure to facilitate a fast moving ecosystem
- Craft solutions using modern SQL and nonrelational databases
- Work together with service owners, producers and other cloud, infrastructure and embedded DevOps engineers to ship solutions to millions of players
- Computer Science degree or related discipline
- Backend development experience required
- Demonstrable proficiency in object oriented programing - Java preferred
- Demonstrable familiarity with data structures and algorithms
- Examples of learning from challenges and identified improvements desired
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to provide and accept feedback constructively desired
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.