WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games IT Media Systems Engineering is looking for a creative Media Systems Technician Intern to join them for 2022.
The Media Systems Engineering team is embedded in the IT department at Epic Games. Our team is responsible for the design, integration, and maintenance of the audio/video infrastructure globally. This includes engineering and support of the screening and dailies rooms, recording studios, editorial suites, conference rooms, video conferencing, broadcast, on-set support, and beyond! The Media Systems Technician role is an entry-level position within our talented group.
- Maintain integrated A/V systems including hardware, soft codecs, and control systems
- Collaborate with the staff engineers on various initiatives and projects (signal flow diagrams, CAD, proof-of-concepts)
- Provide remote checks of collaboration spaces such as conference rooms, theaters, and performance capture production facilities
- Troubleshoot system failures and provide break/fix support (remote)
- Provide front line response for emergency requests for professional and consumer A/V systems
- Maintain and organize engineering documents
- Provide general administrative support, asset management, and documentation updates
- Assist with the day-to-day support of the MSE team, including special projects
- Integration of new systems ensuring enterprise-wide standards are met and maintained across EPIC locations
- Interest in reading and creating with signal flow diagrams, system designs, cable termination types, and compatible signal types.
- Desktop broadcasting/steaming experience (Youtube, Twitch) desired.
- Interest in video and audio signals, including sampling rate, frame rate, frame resolution, etc.
- Interest in technologies such as Zoom, Dante, and Q-Sys.
- Strong on-the-spot troubleshooting skills.
- Friendly and patient customer service skills - able to be the positive face of the MSE Team.
- Flexible nature with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks & activities simultaneously.
- Strong administrative skills, attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment (50+ lbs) we may provide hardware for you to work with remotely.
- Strong interest in AV systems, recording studios, video editing, film production, content creating
- Interest in CAD (Sketchup, TwinMotion, etc)
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.