Who We Are
Compass Health Center is a recognized leader in crisis-level mental health, setting the standard for excellence in the Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient space (PHP/IOP). We serve over hundreds of patients every day, ranging from age 6 to senior, in one of our three free-standing facilities, located in Northbrook, Chicago, and Oak Brook, or through our robust virtual programming. Compass provides an intermediate level of Behavioral Healthcare that fills a critical gap between outpatient and inpatient care. Patients and their families turn to Compass when in crisis – every day, we help people overcome depression, anxiety, suicidality, obsessions/compulsions, past trauma, chronic pain, and other symptoms that prevent them from living happy and healthy lives.
Compass Health Center is seeking a Resource Therapist/Group Therapist for our Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Programs in our Oak Brook office.
We are seeking an experienced clinician skilled in identifying and developing relationships with local resources in order to empower Young Adult and Adult patients to increase their activity levels and add structure and meaning to their lives. As well as delivering evidenced-based group therapy to adults (18 years and up) with mood and anxiety disorders.
If you are passionate about working with Young Adults and Adults to deliver compassionate care and provide them with a strong resource network, you would be an ideal addition to our team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Teaching executive functioning strategies & coping skills
- Providing vocational support & transition planning for Young Adults/ Adults
- Empowering patients to create daily and weekly goals aiming to increase activity levels and structure and meaning to their everyday lives
- Actively pursuing various community programs and events to pass along to patients
- Developing relationships with local resources, schools, volunteer sites, and therapists.
- Providing group therapy to patients in a safe and therapeutic milieu
- Developing effective therapeutic group relationships that promote positive change in patients
- Utilizing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), as well as other evidenced-based therapies
- Relaying relevant clinical information to treatment team during daily rounds and as needed
- Engaging in crisis management, as needed
- Charting in our electronic medical records system
- Participating in professional development activities
You would be the ideal candidate, if you:
- Are passionate about connecting people to resources and facilitating group therapy
- Are a Psychologist or Master’s level therapist
- Hold the following licenses or education: LSW (or LSW eligible), LPC (or LPC eligible), LCSW, LCPC, PsyD, or PhD
- Possess a core skill set of Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) skills
- Have prior experience working in partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, inpatient hospital, or residential setting (preferred, not required) or collaborative work settings
Benefits & Perks
Our employees work hard to provide the best possible care for our patients, so we make sure we take care of them. Here are some of the benefits and perks available to our employees!
Health and Personal Wellness
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance plan options through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance plans
- Employer paid Life Insurance, employer paid Short- and Long-Term Disability after one year of employment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Accident insurance for when life happens
- Competitive compensation for all employee levels
- 401(k) plan that includes a match of 100% of the first 4% of pay that you contribute
- Generous paid time off (PTO) with increased days based on years of employment
- Generous Paid Parental Leave policy after one year of employment
- Continuous training opportunities; including free CEU seminars and additional training and development courses
- Volunteering opportunities to enrich the soul and help give back to our community
- The opportunity to work with the best in our field and be part of something extraordinary!