Who We Are
Compass Health Center is a recognized leader in crisis-level mental health, setting the standard for excellence in the Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient space (PHP/IOP). We serve over hundreds of patients every day, ranging from age 6 to senior, in one of our three free-standing facilities, located in Northbrook, Chicago, and Oak Brook, or through our robust virtual programming. Compass provides an intermediate level of Behavioral Healthcare that fills a critical gap between outpatient and inpatient care. Patients and their families turn to Compass when in crisis – every day, we help people overcome depression, anxiety, suicidality, obsessions/compulsions, past trauma, chronic pain, and other symptoms that prevent them from living happy and healthy lives.
With current locations in Northbrook and Chicago, we are excited to continue building out our third facility in Oak Brook, IL. At this state-of-the-art facility, we will continue to further our mission of setting the standard of excellence within the PHP/IOP space.
We are seeking clinicians with a passion for delivering evidence-based family and couples’ therapy to Adults (ages 18+) in the PHP/IOP levels of care. If you work effectively with patients in crisis, possess an excellent work ethic, feel passionate about patient care and have the ability to work collaboratively with others, you would be a great fit for our team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating family sessions to a caseload of assigned adult patients and their loved ones
- Providing guidance and support to patients and family members to help promote goals and encourage patients progress through the program.
- Providing direction to families about effective ways of supporting patients. Discussion topics and family therapy goals include safety plans, incorporating skill implementation, improving communication, creating contracts. psychoeducation regarding patients' diagnosis and particular goals for family sessions.
- Providing couples’ therapy for patients and their partners primarily focusing on support, skills, and communication
- Working with various presenting issues including depression, anxiety, trauma, psychosis, substance abuse, severe anxiety, and OCD
- Assisting in supporting families through phone coaching and follow-up calls.
- Supporting patients in crisis.
- Coordinating with the treatment team. This includes attending daily rounds and other program meetings regularly, as well as using the electronic systems of communication.
- Communicating with outside providers conducting family therapy for continuity of care.
- Collaborating with the treatment team in assessing the patient’s progress and need for higher level of care, stepdown, or discharge.
- Helping the family to coordinate an effective discharge plan.
- Providing individual support to patients as needed.
- Contributing clinical observations and insights during interdisciplinary meetings.
- Charting progress of patients appropriately in the electronic medical record.
- Participating in clinical program meetings as needed.
- Working on projects focused on program improvement and the overall growth and development of Compass
Benefits & Perks
Our employees work hard to provide the best possible care for our patients, so we make sure we take care of them. Here are some of the benefits and perks available to our employees!
Health and Personal Wellness
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance plan options through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance plans
- Employer paid Life Insurance, employer paid Short- and Long-Term Disability after one year of employment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Accident insurance for when life happens
- Competitive compensation for all employee levels
- 401(k) plan that includes a match of 100% of the first 4% of pay that you contribute
- Generous paid time off (PTO) with increased days based on years of employment
- Generous Paid Parental Leave policy after one year of employment
- Continuous training opportunities; including free CEU seminars and additional training and development courses
- Volunteering opportunities to enrich the soul and help give back to our community
- The opportunity to work with the best in our field and be part of something extraordinary!