Who We Are
Compass Health Center is a recognized leader in crisis-level mental health, setting the standard for excellence in the Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient space (PHP/IOP). We serve over hundreds of patients every day, ranging from age 6 to senior, in one of our three free-standing facilities, located in Northbrook, Chicago, and Oak Brook, or through our robust virtual programming. Compass provides an intermediate level of Behavioral Healthcare that fills a critical gap between outpatient and inpatient care. Patients and their families turn to Compass when in crisis – every day, we help people overcome depression, anxiety, suicidality, obsessions/compulsions, past trauma, chronic pain, and other symptoms that prevent them from living happy and healthy lives.
We are seeking Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists to join our team in a completely virtual capacity. Our virtual health center offers both PHP and IOP levels of care, treating patients (ages 10-18) who are suffering from a variety of mood and anxiety disorders.
As a Psychiatrist on our virtual team, we offer the opportunity to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team which includes experienced group therapists, primary therapists, family therapists, and education specialists. We are seeking individuals who want to grow and be a part of an expanding organization that is innovative, mission driven, and MD-led.
As we continue to expand, we are seeking a Psychiatrist based in Illinois. This role will provide care for patients who are based primarily in Illinois, but we are planning to expand virtual care delivery to other states over the next year.
As a Psychiatrist at Compass Health Center, your overall responsibility will include:
- Providing daily care for children in adolescents in the Compass PHP/IOP virtual programs
- Conducting psychiatric evaluations for Compass patients, establishing diagnoses, prescribing medication, and providing therapy
- Leading experienced, multi-disciplinary clinical teams and making overall recommendations on treatment plans
- Collaborating with family therapists, individual therapists, nurses and psychiatrists
- Providing timely documentation of each encounter with a patient
- Ensuring patient/family education regarding clinical condition and relevant aspects of care
You would be the ideal candidate, if you possess the following qualifications:
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist that is BE or BC in Illinois; willingness to become licensed in Wisconsin, Texas, and Minnesota (cost paid and process handled by Compass)
- Skilled in the evaluation and treatment of mental illness
- Experienced in Psychopharmacology
- Excellent communication skills and the desire to work in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Experience providing care virtually preferred
Benefits & Perks
Our employees work hard to provide the best possible care for our patients, so we make sure we take care of them. Here are some of the benefits and perks available to our employees!
Health and Personal Wellness
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance plan options through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance plans
- Employer paid Life Insurance, employer paid Short- and Long-Term Disability after one year of employment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Accident insurance for when life happens
- Competitive compensation for all employee levels
- 401(k) plan that includes a match of 100% of the first 4% of pay that you contribute
- Generous paid time off (PTO) with increased days based on years of employment
- Generous Paid Parental Leave policy after one year of employment
- Continuous training opportunities; including free CEU seminars and additional training and development courses
- Volunteering opportunities to enrich the soul and help give back to our community
- The opportunity to work with the best in our field and be part of something extraordinary!