At Celonis, we are constantly looking to improve the lives of our engineers. Our recently formed Developer Experience team will spearhead this effort.
We prioritize understanding the large and small hindrances our engineers face in their daily workflow and help improve them. To achieve this, we can bring our own experience, but most importantly, we try to find and promote the best practices and tools across our organization.
We also provide tooling, training, and, where possible hands-on work to help our teams scale vertically.
You have worked in a DevOps or similar role and love helping other engineers bring out their best selves by helping them with all tools and practices around software development —but not software development itself.
Such practices may include but not be limited to CICD, monitoring, builds, packaging, repository structure, deployments, version control, containerization, and local development environments.
The work you’ll do:
The Developer Experience is excited to take on a new project that will introduce a software catalog based on the Backstage software and drive its adoption through our organization. We use this opportunity to identify future work areas across all parts of the software development lifecycle.
The qualifications you need:
- Three years at a DevOps role or five years at a software engineering role close to DevOps
- Knowledge of *NIX operating systems (most preferably Linux but not a hard requirement) and scripting (bash)
- Experience with Kubernetes, Helm, Kustomize, Docker, and ArgoCD
- CICD systems, preferably GitHub Actions
- Knowledge of at least one build system/tool (could be generic, such as make, or language-specific, such as sbt)
- Working knowledge for distributed systems (e.g., a production run of PostgreSQL cluster) and core technologies (e.g., TLS)
- Fluency in the English language
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiastic and proactive about communicating with other engineers
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Location flexibility! The option to work from our Tech Hubs on a hybrid model, or fully remote from one of our selected locations
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis reveals and fixes inefficiencies businesses can’t see, enabling them to perform at levels they never thought possible. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a full set of platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies, provide better customer experience and reduce carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 23 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.