We're Celonis, the global leading Process Mining software company and one of the world's fastest-growing SaaS firms. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as an Engineering Manager.
Ecosystem is a key area of Engineering at Celonis which includes a growing number of teams working on the Celonis Marketplace, our entry products, Ecosystem APIs and more. These teams are responsible end to end for the definition, development and delivery of products in our cloud.
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll be responsible for leading a team to execute a defined mission, managing the careers of the team members and their performance, and actively fostering successful group dynamics to help the team accomplish their mission. Managers at this level possess the technical judgment and decision making expected of Staff Software Engineers, often making technical contributions that have a direct impact on the team's mission. Engineering Managers ensure that their teams have a manageable level of technical complexity and that they are working collaboratively with adjacent teams. They also jointly define goals/OKRs with other stakeholders that contribute to larger strategic efforts.
Engineering Managers work largely independently on defining the scope and impact of their team, and their leadership influence should be evident across multiple groups in addition to their own. When working closely with related teams, they should help support the team health and objectives of those related teams as well as their own.
The work you’ll do:
- Lead one of our teams to successfully deliver to their mission - manage the performance and support the career development of senior and upper-mid-level engineers
- Build and maintain an engineering culture of trust, ownership, and collaboration within the team as well as the department
- Take an active part in hiring and grow the team according to business needs
- Contribute technically within the team’s scope
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other leads on goals and strategies around people, technology, and processes
- Advocate for the (whole) team; provide upward and outward visibility of the team and their work
The qualifications you need:
- Previous experience in an Engineering Manager or technical leadership position
- Strong technical knowledge (usually 5+ years of experience in software engineering is expected)
- Knowledge around Agile concepts (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Delivery)
- Ability to lead and make decisions to define the road ahead
- Ability to resolve technical conflicts when necessary, fostering a positive environment for escalations
- Ready to roll up your sleeves to help your team
- Strong communication skills (English language), allowing you to collaborate smoothly with people across the business and technical domain
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.