Do you want to join one of the fastest-growing molecular diagnostics startups and develop products that can affect the lives of millions?
BillionToOne, ranked at the top 5% of Y Combinator companies with $250M+ in funding from prominent VC firms, has developed a DNA molecular counter that increases cfDNA diagnostic resolution by over 1,000 fold. BillionToOne's first product, UNITY™ is the first and only non-invasive prenatal test that can directly screen an unborn baby's risk for common and severe recessive gene disorders and chromosomal abnormalities, as well as fetal sex and fetal antigens, from a single tube of blood from the pregnant mother without paternal testing.
In 2023, BillionToOne launched two liquid biopsy products that will markedly improve oncology treatment and care. With Northstar Select™, clinicians will be able to select cancer therapies that will be most effective to each patient based on their individual genetic makeup. Northstar Response™ will enable clinicians to monitor a patient’s early response to these cancer therapies, by measuring minute changes in their ctDNA, which can reduce ineffective treatments and unwanted toxicity, lower costs, and substantially improve clinical outcomes.
- Perform specimen receipt and accessioning according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures
- Maintain equipment according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures
- Clean labware, equipment, and benches
- Prepare documents and binders for equipment and personnel records
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the established performance specifications
- Perform and document routine preventative maintenance
- Prepare reagents required for laboratory preparation
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and non- laboratory personnel
- Report all concerns of accessioning quality and/or safety to the Laboratory Director, Supervisor, or Safety Officer
- Participate in inspection preparation activities
- Review of controlled documents as assigned
- Participate in the training of new accessioning personnel on current procedures including the following:
- Provide hands-on training
- Provide guidance, feedback, and mentorship while respecting various learning styles
- Ensure appropriate documentation is reviewed and completed
- Participate in training meetings
- Prioritize a positive work environment
- Exhibit a dedication to team work above and beyond scheduled daily work
- Participate in projects and process improvements for sample receipt and accessioning
- Bachelor's degree in Biology or related life sciences degree or a student in pursuit of a bachelor's Biology degree or related life sciences degree
- Laboratory experience within the last year preferred
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to manage daily specimen processing needs with high emphasis on quality
- Able to analyze and problem solve basic issues that impact test performance
- Strong computer skills preferred
- Able to proactively communicate consistently, clearly, and honestly
- One year of Clinical Laboratory experience or equivalent high complexity and volume laboratory experience preferred
- Start-up experience
- Bachelor’s degree
Benefits And Perks:
- Working with a team of ‘rockstars’ who bring out the best in everyone
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly Town Hall meetings
- The ability to indirectly or directly change the lives of hundreds of thousand patients
- Retirement savings program including a 4% Company match
- Free daily on-site lunches provided from top eateries
- Latest and greatest hardware (laptop, lab equipment, facilities)
- A variety of perks on campus (state of the art gym, restaurant)
- Free on-site EV charging (compatible with all EVs, including Tesla)
At BillionToOne, we are proud to offer a combination of (1) competitive base pay, and (2) the opportunity for professional growth.
For this position, the base pay rate is: $20 to $22 per hour.
BillionToOne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.