Do you want to join one of the fastest-growing molecular diagnostics startups and develop products that can affect the lives of millions?
BillionToOne, ranked at the top 5% of Y Combinator companies with $250M+ in funding from prominent VC firms, has developed a DNA molecular counter that increases cfDNA diagnostic resolution by over 1,000 fold. BillionToOne's first product, UNITY™ is the first and only non-invasive prenatal test that can directly screen an unborn baby's risk for common and severe recessive gene disorders and chromosomal abnormalities, as well as fetal sex and fetal antigens, from a single tube of blood from the pregnant mother without paternal testing.
In 2023, BillionToOne launched two liquid biopsy products that will markedly improve oncology treatment and care. With Northstar Select™, clinicians will be able to select cancer therapies that will be most effective to each patient based on their individual genetic makeup. Northstar Response™ will enable clinicians to monitor a patient’s early response to these cancer therapies, by measuring minute changes in their ctDNA, which can reduce ineffective treatments and unwanted toxicity, lower costs, and substantially improve clinical outcomes.
- Perform sample accessioning and isolation procedures according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures;
- Prepare documents for equipment and personnel records;
- Perform and document routine maintenance of equipment;
- Prepare other clinical documentation as required and assigned;
- Clean labware, equipment, and benches;
- Prepare reagents required for testing;
- Write and review controlled documents as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in biology or clinical related sciences
- At least 6 months of experience with molecular biology techniques in a research or clinical laboratory
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to multitask and work independently
- Previous clinical laboratory experience is preferred
- Start-up experience
- Biophysics, Molecular biology (DNA purification, PCR, electrophoresis) or next-generation DNA sequencing laboratory experience
Benefits And Perks:
- Working with a team of ‘rockstars’ who bring out the best in everyone
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly Town Hall meetings
- The ability to indirectly or directly change the lives of hundreds of thousand patients
- Multiple medical benefit options; employee premiums paid 100% of select plans, dependents covered at 80%
- Extremely generous Family Bonding Leave for new parents (16 weeks, paid at 100%)
- Retirement savings program including a 4% Company match
- Free daily on-site lunches provided from top eateries
- Latest and greatest hardware (laptop, lab equipment, facilities)
- A variety of perks on campus (state of the art gym, restaurant)
- Free on-site EV charging (compatible with all EVs, including Tesla)
At BillionToOne, we are proud to offer a combination of (1) competitive base pay, (2) the opportunity for professional growth, and (3) industry leading company benefits (free healthcare options, 401k match, very generous fully paid parental leave etc.).
For this position, the base pay rate is: $25 per hour.
BillionToOne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.