Do you want to join one of the fastest-growing molecular diagnostics startups and develop products that can affect the lives of millions?
BillionToOne, ranked at the top 5% of Y Combinator companies with $250M+ in funding from prominent VC firms, has developed a DNA molecular counter that increases cfDNA diagnostic resolution by over 1,000 fold. BillionToOne's first product, UNITY™ is the first and only non-invasive prenatal test that can directly screen an unborn baby's risk for common and severe recessive gene disorders and chromosomal abnormalities, as well as fetal sex and fetal antigens, from a single tube of blood from the pregnant mother without paternal testing.
In 2023, BillionToOne launched two liquid biopsy products that will markedly improve oncology treatment and care. With Northstar Select™, clinicians will be able to select cancer therapies that will be most effective to each patient based on their individual genetic makeup. Northstar Response™ will enable clinicians to monitor a patient’s early response to these cancer therapies, by measuring minute changes in their ctDNA, which can reduce ineffective treatments and unwanted toxicity, lower costs, and substantially improve clinical outcomes.
We are looking for a driven Clinical Laboratory Scientist (with California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License) to perform UNITY, the only non-invasive prenatal test (NIPT) that can detect inherited disorders such as sickle cell disease, spinal muscular atrophy, and cystic fibrosis in the baby directly from maternal blood. These disorders are extremely severe, but early detection and intervention can significantly improve outcomes. You will join our growing superstar CLIA team responsible for end-to-end processing of pregnancy blood samples in a high complexity, high-growth CLIA setting. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist is an onsite position.
- Performs clinical laboratory assays to provide data for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
- Performs quality control studies to ensure the accuracy of clinical data.
- Verifies instrument performance by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and documents data.
- Organizes and contributes to R&D to CLIA tech transfer and troubleshooting, training, and validations
- Bachelor's degree in the chemical, physical or biological sciences
- 1-2 years of CLS experience in a clinical setting
- A current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License that meets requirements for Testing Personnel under CLIA regulations (42 CFR, part 493) (ASCP, CGMBS or generalist license is required).
- Hands-on training and experience with manual molecular biology protocols, including DNA extraction and PCR
- Advanced knowledge of Google Docs, Word, Excel, basic statistics and familiarity with LIMS systems
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work flexibly and well under given timeframes.
- Self-starter and dynamic team player with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Start-up experience
- Knowledge of medical genetics
- Experience in a cell-free DNA setting
Benefits And Perks:
- Working with a team of ‘rockstars’ who bring out the best in everyone
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly Town Hall meetings
- The ability to indirectly or directly change the lives of hundreds of thousand patients
- Multiple medical benefit options; employee premiums paid 100% of select plans, dependents covered at 80%
- Extremely generous Family Bonding Leave for new parents (16 weeks, paid at 100%)
- Retirement savings program including a 4% Company match
- Free daily on-site lunches provided from top eateries
- Latest and greatest hardware (laptop, lab equipment, facilities)
- A variety of perks on campus (state of the art gym, restaurant)
- Free on-site EV charging (compatible with all EVs, including Tesla)
At BillionToOne, we are proud to offer a combination of (1) competitive base pay, (2) the opportunity for professional growth, and (3) industry leading company benefits (free healthcare options, 401k match, very generous fully paid parental leave etc.).
For this position, the base pay range is: $120,000-$140,000 per year.
BillionToOne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.