Do you want to join one of the fastest-growing molecular diagnostics startups and develop products that can affect the lives of millions?
BillionToOne (Y Combinator S17), ranked at the top 5% of Y Combinator companies with $100M+ in funding from prominent VC firms, has developed a DNA molecular counter that increases the cell-free DNA diagnostics resolution by over 1,000 fold. BillionToOne's first product, UNITY™ is the first and only prenatal screen that directly assesses the baby's risk for common and severe inherited disorders such as cystic fibrosis, spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), and hemoglobinopathies from a single tube of blood from the pregnant mother.
- Performs clinical laboratory assays to provide data for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
- Performs quality control studies to ensure the accuracy of clinical data.
- Verifies instrument performance by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and documents data.
- Organizes and contributes to R&D to CLIA tech transfer and troubleshooting, training, and validations
- Bachelor's degree in the chemical, physical or biological sciences
- 1-2 years of CLS experience in a clinical setting
- A current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License that meets requirements for Testing Personnel under CLIA regulations (42 CFR, part 493) (ASCP, CGMBS or generalist license is required).
- Hands-on training and experience with manual molecular biology protocols, including DNA extraction and PCR
- Advanced knowledge of Google Docs, Word, Excel, basic statistics and familiarity with LIMS systems
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work flexibly and well under given timeframes.
- Self-starter and dynamic team player with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Start-up experience
- Knowledge of medical genetics
- Experience in a cell-free DNA setting
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive pay
- Generous equity package
- Suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 90% of Gold PPO plan
- Extremely generous Medical, Pregnancy, Parental and Family Leaves
- Retirement savings program with 4% Company matching
- Free daily on-site lunches provided from top eateries
- Latest and greatest hardware (laptop, lab equipment, facilities)
- A variety of perks on campus (state of the art gym, restaurant)
- Free on-site EV charging (compatible with all EVs, including Tesla)
- Working with a team of ‘rockstars’ who bring out the best in everyone
- The ability to indirectly or directly change the lives of hundreds of thousand patients
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly Town Hall meetings
BillionToOne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.