Do you want to join one of the fastest-growing molecular diagnostics startups and develop products that can affect the lives of millions?
BillionToOne, ranked at the top 5% of Y Combinator companies with $250M+ in funding from prominent VC firms, has developed a DNA molecular counter that increases the cell-free DNA diagnostics resolution by over 1,000 fold. BillionToOne’s QCT molecular counting technology shifts the paradigm of non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT). The rapidly growing UNITY Screen™ is the only NIPT that can assess fetal risk for both common recessive conditions and aneuploidies from one maternal blood sample. It is also the only fetal antigen NIPT in the US for alloimmunized patients that are at risk of Hemolytic Disease of the Fetus and Newborn (HDFN). Currently, UNITY is being used to test 1 in 25 pregnancies in the US, and this number is continuing to grow 100% YoY. More recently, BillionToOne used the same groundbreaking technology to launch Northstar liquid biopsy assays for cancer, for high-sensitivity therapy selection & precise treatment monitoring.
We are looking for an interdisciplinary Research Associate to perform experiments and assays under the guidance of Senior Scientists. The Research Associate is an on-site position.
- Perform experiments and assays under the guidance of Senior Scientists
- Learn analytical and computational methodologies and analyze the results under the guidance of Senior Scientists
- Assist Senior Scientists in assay development
- Keep accurate and meticulous records of experimental details and results
- Prepare biological samples and reagents to accelerate the R&D process
- Manage, organize, and support lab operations
- BS or MS in Molecular and Cell Biology, Microbiology, Biophysics, Biochemistry, or related field
- 1-2 years of research experience (either during BS/MS or afterwards)
- Previous experience with standard molecular biology techniques (in particular, extensive experience with PCR, electrophoresis, DNA purifications)
- An ability to quickly learn mathematical, analytical, and experimental concepts
- High mathematical and statistical aptitude (e.g., you find GRE math section to be extremely easy)
- Great attention to detail
- Start-up experience
- Knowledge of medical genetics
- Experience in a cell-free DNA setting
- Experience with next-generation sequencing library preparation
- Experience with computational analysis in R, Python, or other programming language
Benefits And Perks:
- Working with a team of ‘rockstars’ who bring out the best in everyone
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly Town Hall meetings
- The ability to indirectly or directly change the lives of hundreds of thousand patients
- Multiple medical benefit options; employee premiums paid 100% of select plans, dependents covered at 80%
- Extremely generous Family Bonding Leave for new parents (16 weeks, paid at 100%)
- Retirement savings program including a 4% Company match
- Free daily on-site lunches provided from top eateries
- Latest and greatest hardware (laptop, lab equipment, facilities)
- A variety of perks on campus (state of the art gym, restaurant)
- Free on-site EV charging (compatible with all EVs, including Tesla)
At BillionToOne, we are proud to offer a combination of a (1) base pay range (actual amount offered is based experience and salary/equity options split that the candidate chooses) (2) generous equity options offering, on top of (3) industry leading company benefits (free healthcare options, 401k match, very generous fully paid paternal leave etc.).
For this position, the base pay range is: $60,000-$80,000 per year.
BillionToOne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.