Do you want to join one of the fastest-growing molecular diagnostics companies to help transform prenatal and oncology diagnostics that can affect millions of patient lives?
BillionToOne (Y Combinator S17), ranked at the top 5% of Y Combinator companies with $100M+ in funding from prominent VC firms, has developed a DNA molecular counter that increases the cell-free DNA diagnostics resolution by over 1,000 fold. BillionToOne's first product, UNITY™ is the first and only prenatal screen that directly assesses the baby's risk for common and severe inherited disorders such as cystic fibrosis, spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), and hemoglobinopathies from a single tube of blood from the pregnant mother.
We are currently looking for a high-performing Director of Business Systems to join our team to lead the design, architecture, and implementation of all key business systems as we scale the company by growing over 300+% YoY. As the Director of Business Systems, you will lead the implementation of IT/IS and cybersecurity infrastructure. You will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders across BillionToOne (e.g. Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Sales) to manage business application initiatives from initial requirements gathering to go-live and continuous improvement. The Director of Business Systems is a hybrid position that is onsite 2-3 days/week in our Menlo Park office, and reports directly to the CTO.
- Create and execute cross-functional IT/IS project work plans.
- Lead large company-wide IS projects and/or programs across various disciplines including NetSuite/ERP and other application implementations and cross-functional projects, including change management.
- Build and grow our internal IT/IS team as the company expands. You will support the various reporting needs of the Finance Organization with the goal of having audit ready systems and reports to support our IPO readiness.
- Project manage all stages throughout assigned projects.
- Ensure all aspects of the project management lifecycle are well accounted for: scoping, requirement gathering, resource planning, scheduling, assignments and accountability, tracking and delivery.
- Oversee the development of the detailed business requirements for projects and ensure they address the business unit’s objectives.
- Create and maintain project documentation, dependency, timeline, status reports, and change logs.
- Track, manage, and adjust plans as necessary to ensure successful delivery.
- Provide regular status reports to stakeholders, sponsors, the enterprise, and others involved in the project.
- Effectively coordinate with different business teams and vendors to ensure the success of each project.
- Meet the project requirements by delivering a quality solution on time and within budget.
- Have worked at a high-growth start-up supporting the IT/IS systems and infrastructure build out, and been with company throughout the IPO journey.
- 7+ years managing the implementation and integration of company-wide business/enterprise systems
- 5+ years project management experience, leading multiple business application-related projects cross-functionally at an agile, fast-paced organization.
- Experience implementing NetSuite is a must.
- Expert knowledge and experience managing deployment of large business applications, training, and adoption.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Experience creating the technology stack to meet the requirements of a public company (SOX compliance)
- Must have great communication skills, oral and written.
- Strong experience in Change Management.
- Experience building and scaling IT/IS teams.
- Experience at a Medical Diagnostics, Medical Device, Pharma, Hospital, or Insurance company, with good familiarity with how insurance claims are processed.
- Experience scaling the IT/IS function at an organization that conducted international business.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive pay
- Generous equity package
- Suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 90% of Gold PPO plan
- Extremely generous Medical, Pregnancy, Parental and Family Leaves
- Retirement savings program with 4% Company matching
- Free daily on-site lunches provided from top eateries
- Latest and greatest hardware (laptop, lab equipment, facilities)
- A variety of perks on campus (state of the art gym, restaurant)
- Free on-site EV charging (compatible with all EVs, including Tesla)
- Working with a team of ‘rockstars’ who bring out the best in everyone
- The ability to indirectly or directly change the lives of hundreds of thousand patients
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly Town Hall meetings
BillionToOne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.