Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including: Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusion environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people.
What We Need:
- As our Analytics team continues to grow, we are looking to augment our QA team with a self-motivated, passionate, expert QA Tester to validate data pipelines and game telemetry to check for errors and report them to our Data Engineering and Data Science teams. Our team is committed to working closely with our data engineers and data scientists to ensure validity of internal and external data feeds.
- Support and perform tests on data pipelines, games, and BI Dashboards
- Perform data quality checks on sales, marketing, and game telemetry data
- Report issues to QA Lead and/or partners to help work towards resolution
- Validate data pipeline processes and validate output data (manual and automated)
- Validate game telemetry events against requirements, work with game development team to enable additional telemetry hooks
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously / shift context with ease
- Assess and assist in revising test strategies based on project scope changes
Who Would Be a Great Fit:
- Outstanding communication and writing skills
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills
- Previous experience working with and/or testing data pipelines and technologies
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau, Qlik, Power BI
- 2+ years video game and/or data QA experience (dev or publisher)
- Beginner to intermediate Python skills
- Extensive game knowledge or willing to learn
- A consistent record of having a positive demeanor working in a fast-paced team environment
- Advanced written and verbal communication in English.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.