At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Do you love the technical and tactical challenges that come with delivering a complex project that will be used (played!) by millions? Our Novato studio is looking for a Senior Server Engineer focused on server-side development to contribute to the next iteration of the beloved and award-winning NBA 2K. This role will report to the Engineering Manager.
What You Will Do:
- Develop server-side features for NBA 2K games on the following platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
- Write clean, robust, readable, well-documented, and efficient code that can be easily understood
- Plan and complete assignments with little direction from leadership while providing direction in many situations
- Demonstrate the assignment and technology flexibility required to assist adjacent teams in an Agile team environment, and contribute as a leader to the processes
- Contribute to building the team by participating in the recruiting process and leading interviews
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and mentorship
- Help acclimate new team members to the VCA engineering environment
Who Will Be a Great Fit:
- 5+ years of programming experience developing server-side code
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Fluent in C++
- Fluent Python, PHP, Perl, or Ruby, with an emphasis on Python
- Understanding of object-oriented programming, robust engineering practices, and distributed and scalable systems
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience developing AAA games
- An excellent teammate that takes joy in coding challenges, encourages suggestions from other team members, and provides feedback to others
- A love for games (not just ours!)
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com