WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Cat Daddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, problem solvers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Mafia, PGA2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
Are you a data sleuth who loves games? Do you like to constantly learn new things and be the source of knowledge once you've mastered your newfound skills/knowledge?
As our Analytics team continues to grow, we are looking for a self-motivated, passionate QA Tester to help design, validate, and document data pipelines, game telemetry, and BI dashboards to check for errors and report them to our Data Engineering and Data Science teams. Our team is committed to working closely with data engineers and data scientists to ensure validity of internal and external data feeds.
This role will report to a QA Lead and will be 100% in-office sitting in either Las Vegas NV, Austin TX, or Dublin Ireland. Our team will have testers sitting in each of these locations and will regularly work with international teams.
- Perform tests on data pipelines, games, and BI Dashboards
- Perform data quality checks on a wide range of data sources (sales, marketing, game telemetry data, etc)
- Report issues to QA Lead, Analytics team members, and dev partners to help work towards resolution
- Validate data pipeline processes and validate output data (manual and automated)
- Validate game telemetry events against requirements and work with game development team to enable additional telemetry hooks
- Create and maintain documentation for data feeds
- Technically proficient with PCs, game consoles, and mobile devices
- Working SQL skills
- Jira (or experience with other issue reporting and/or task tracking tools)
- Game knowledge and desire to play and learn
- Advanced written and verbal communication in English.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally, sit for long periods and move between floors
- Previous experience testing video games
- Previous experience with data pipelines and technologies
- Python (or other scripting language) programming experience
- Experience with agile methodologies / sprints
- Passion for games and the games industry
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.