Project Audio Director
We are looking for a project focused Audio Director to work closely with the team responsible for creating Marvel’s Midnight Suns. The ideal candidate will lead other sound designers in planning, organizing, creating, implementing, and maintaining all audio-related content. This person will be expected to deliver world-class interactive sound design, help design the audio systems, asset pipeline and tools, and deliver on the Creative Director’s vision for an ambitious AAA, narrative-driven project full of character and personality.
You are a creative and passionate audio expert with solid organizational and time management skills, which pair nicely with your strong written and verbal communications skills. You lead by example with a passion and drive for what you do. You have the experience to support your team of audio designers to deliver high quality in an efficient manner.
The Audio Director is expected to:
- Collaborate with designers to create soundscapes, taking both narrative and gameplay into account
- Be a part of designing the overall mood of the game
- Mentor sound designers and share knowledge with the rest of the audio team
- Concept, create and integrate world class interactive and linear sound design in Wwise and UE4
- Mix and master audio assets and systems
- Provide input on the design and features of audio systems
- Work with all audio sub-disciplines to ensure that music, voice and sound design assets are created, integrated and mixed to spec
- Oversee any potential field recording sessions
- Work closely with other disciplines to improve workflows, optimize asset pipelines and achieve the vision for the game
- 8 years’ experience in AAA sound design
- At least 4 AAA/Major titles shipped in a Sound Design role
- At least 1 AAA/Major title shipped in an Audio Lead role
- Advanced knowledge of DAWs such as Pro Tools and Reaper, as well as sample editors and plug-ins
- Proficiency with Wwise
- Proficiency with UE4
- Strong proficiency with audio scripting
- Experience working in various surround formats.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates these qualities
- A passion for making games
- Experience with distributed development
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use Firaxis.com or 2K.com accounts.