Cloud Chamber is looking for a creative audio designer to join our talented team of developers. Our Senior Audio Designer will be responsible for delivering world class sound design and implementation. They will help refine the audio systems, asset pipeline and tools, and deliver on the Creative Director’s and Audio Director’s vision for an ambitious AAA, narratively driven, FPS project that is full of character and personality.
- Concept, create and integrate world class interactive and linear sound design in Wwise and UE5
- Design and script audio control logic
- Work with the Audio Director & Audio Lead to help refine and execute the details of the project audio direction
- Mix and master audio assets and systems
- Provide input on the design and features of audio systems
- Oversee field recording sessions
- Mentor junior audio designers and share knowledge with the rest of the audio team
- Work closely with other disciplines to improve workflows, optimize asset pipelines and achieve the vision for the game
- Take ownership of key elements of audio for the project and oversee the work of other audio team members contributing to those areas
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 5 years’ experience in AAA sound design
- At least one AAA/major title shipped in a Sound Design role
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- High proficiency with Wwise
- High proficiency with UE4 preferred
- Strong proficiency with audio scripting
- Strong understanding of theoretical and practical audio engineering principles & techniques
- Experience working in various surround formats.
- Advanced knowledge of DAWs such as Pro Tools and Reaper, as well as sample editors and plug-ins
- Experience leading and supporting a team of audio designers to deliver high quality in an efficient manner
- A passion for making and playing games
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates these qualities
Other useful experience:
- Music editing
- FPS / Action game experience
- Interactive music implementation
- Foley editing
- Field recording
- In depth understanding of UE4 blueprints
- Experience with distributed development
Please provide a link to your demo reel to be considered for this role
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com email accounts.