About the Role
We are seeking a sharp Data Analyst to provide insights and recommendations to help drive strategy and execution within WeWork’s Growth team. Our mission is grow our community by helping people find their perfect WeWork solution in an inspiring & trustworthy way. The Growth team is tasked with the important mission of creating the best web and product experience to increase traffic volume, engagement, and membership signups.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, passionate about generating hypotheses for business problems, and excellent at developing solutions. The role will span a variety of aspects around a particular product offering and may cover areas such as web analytics, user analysis, UX as well as market analysis. This is a particularly exciting role for an analyst to be able to directly responsible for driving a significant amount of business for one of the fastest growing startup in the world.
Business Unit: Data & Analytics
The centralized WeWork data & analytics organization drives efficient decision-making and optimization via data-driven insights and recommendations. We are a closely-knit group composed of five sub-teams:
- Business Intelligence: develop reports, dashboards, and metrics to provide accurate and timely information.
- Insights: supports various product and business groups with recommendation and in-depth analyses.
- Vertical Analytics : Functional specialists to drive day-to-day operational and product decisions via data analyses, A/B testing, and research.
- Data Science: deploys impactful data products based on advanced analytics and machine learning.
- Data Engineering: provide the analytics infrastructure for the whole of WeWork.
We are seeking a top-notch analyst for the Vertical Analytics team to help drive reporting, analysis and recommendation for growth products to augment product strategy and provide actionable insights. The ideal candidate is highly analytical and is passionate about visualizing data in compelling and actionable ways.
- Work with the product managers and other team members to identify opportunities to improve and enhance wework.com.
- Provide recommendations on what should be instrumented.
- Propose, design, and monitor A/B tests. Analyze the results and make recommendations.
- Analyze wework.com traffic and customer behavior. Provide recommendations to increase traffic volume and user engagement.
- Sizing analyses to help drive business decisions & roadmap prioritization.
- Ad hoc support for key business needs or requests.
Four to seven years functional experience required, preferably in a technical role. We are after individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have a great track record. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- Expertise in one or more BI and data visualization tools (Chartio, Tableau, Looker, Microstrategy etc)
- Prior experience in web-analytics tool such as Google Analytics, Omniture.
- Strong background in A/B test analysis: ability to analyze & deliver results for constant stream of A/B tests.
- Background in SEO & Content Marketing analysis.
- Exceptional SQL skills. Your queries don’t just “work,” they are optimized for readability and efficiency.
- Strong skills in data extraction, munging, analysis, statistics, and visualization (e.g. SQL, Python, and R).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to collaborate with data and software engineers as well as non-technical business users.
- Ability to work well in a lean team environment, often under pressure.
- Flexibility with working on changing work schedules and ability to work independently and solve problems on your own.
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, good judgment, mature and positive attitude.
- Be extremely curious.
- Love what you do!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement! Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.