Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Transit Operations Specialist (TOS), you will have the amazing opportunity to be involved with every component of our game-changing transit deployments - from initial setup, daily process execution and continuous improvement, to our highest priority - serving the drivers who make our services possible!
Transit Operations Specialists like you are the critical link between drivers, riders who use our services, and Via, or Via subsidiaries, employees who build and constantly improve the technologies that power our platform. Transit Operations Specialists therefore play a critical role in not only ensuring a 100% safe and high-quality service, but also in gathering important feedback to help us deliver the best possible experiences for partners, riders and drivers. Finally, this role is crucial in helping to eliminate waste and identifying ways to be more cost-efficient as Via invests to make public transit better for as many communities as possible!
*Note: this is a position with preferable working hours of 5PM-1AM EST or 3AM-11AM EST
Responsibilities and Duties:
Safe and High Quality Service
- Stay up to date and demonstrate safety practices; immediately escalate unsafe behaviors
- Enable on-time performance by ensuring drivers arrive and leave the depot as scheduled
- Identify, report and help to resolve any live issues which could impact the service quality
- Provide timely support to drivers face-to-face, over the phone and through email/SMS
- Own through resolution issues drivers face on shift (i.e. vehicle problem, tech issue, etc)
- Identify, report and help to resolve challenges affecting drivers (i.e. pay issue, schedules)
- Demonstrate empathy and patience, just as drivers are expected to do so in rider interactions
- Proactively assist in modifying driver supply in response to changes in service demand
- Identify process gaps and partner with the appropriate internal team to develop solutions
- Serve as an expert for other transit deployments, providing critical support & know-how
- Support or lead projects that further improve outcomes for riders and drivers across our deployment
Who You Are:
- A clear communicator with excellent reading comprehension and writing skills
- A comfortable multitasker who enjoys live operations and can quickly prioritize and switch between tasks.
- Tech-savvy; strong computer and technical skills, including experience with Microsoft Office, the Google Suite. CRM tools like Salesforce are a plus!
- A strong listener and a great conversationalist
- A well-rounded team player who takes ownership of (and pride in) your work
- An entrepreneurial spirit with strong work ethic
- Dynamic; willing to wear multiple hats and work on projects of all types
- An action-oriented executor: you take initiative to solve problems and get the job done
- Empathetic and customer-focused
- Supervisory or leadership experience a plus (bias for action)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable.
- Hourly wage starting at $19.00-$22.00 per hour
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.