MISSION: MODERNIZE THE WORLD OF PHYSICAL SECURITY
We build enterprise security cameras that combine cutting-edge camera technology with intelligent, omni-platform software.
Verkada, a fast-growing startup in the video-based surveillance space dedicated to solving the security issues faced by companies in the digital age, seeks a Senior Accountant. Our focus is on building secure, modern, easy to use cameras that make our customers' lives simpler and safer while reducing risk from hackers and other digital threats.
Verkada is hiring a senior accountant to help manage our books, assist in overseeing our finances, and help improve processes as the company continues to grow. This job promotes a spectacular opportunity for upward growth in future as the company continues to rapidly expand.
- Execute monthly accounting close activities and deliverables (i.e. journal entries, account reconciliations and reporting)
- Issue invoices and ensure that we are paid by our customers
- Handle full-cycle A/P (recording, coding, disbursement)
- Track common issues and assist in developing improved processes within the company
- Work closely with our operations team to assist in inventory accounting and management
- Assist in special projects including ASC 606, Credit Limits, Trial inventory, etc
- Assist with new system implementation and the audit process
Education and Experience
- BS or BA in Finance or Accounting
- 2-3 years of work experience in accounting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) a plus
- Big 4 or start-up experience a plus
- Curiosity and a passion for learning
Benefits and Perks
- Equity: At Verkada, we’re all owners — your contributions are rewarded with share in the company you help build.
-Health Benefits: We provide 100% full coverage for all employees, including health, dental and vision.
- Fitness Allowance: Get a monthly allowance to help pay for a gym membership, yoga classes, water polo — whatever helps you keep your mind and body happy and healthy.
- Snacks: Our kitchen is kept topped up with all the goodies you’d expect from a fast-growing Silicon Valley tech startup.
- Lunch: EAT CLUB is provided twice a week for in office lunch
- Location: Our Office is located in Downtown San Mateo near Coffee shops, restaurants, Gyms, etc.
Culture and Values
- Visionary thinker: At Verkada, you will tackle large, complex problems with no clear answers.
- Teach and learn: You will learn new technologies while being entrusted with the technical ownership of major systems, and we hope to learn something from you in turn.
- Startup Mindset: As a small, fast-growing startup, every day brings new challenges and opportunities for growth, and we want you to grow with us!
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.