The Takealot Group, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented BI Analyst to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us!
At the Takealot Group (Takealot.com, Superbalist.com & Mr D Food), the BI Analyst works closely with our internal stakeholders to determine their business intelligence, reporting and data analysis needs. You will work with business and development teams to design, and document dashboards, alerts, and reports. As BI Analyst you are not only a report builder, you are also a data modeller, steward, and a first-class citizen for data manipulation, ready to answer the question: Can you tell us something that we don’t know?
Think you’ve been challenged before? Think again!
- Scale: Over 2.5 million happy shoppers shop online on takealot.com. Show them what you can do.
- Learn: We work with the best of the best, and then some. Code alongside industry leaders and upskill in record time.
- Grow: Expand your career in the fast-growing Takealot Group: takealot.com, Superbalist.com and Mr D Food. We like to promote from within: Here’s your chance.
Who’s who in the tech space
This position reports to the BI Team Lead.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
- Helps to lead BI analytical projects in the implementation and use of new BI software tools and systems.
- Works on highly complex, cross- functional, and enterprise BI solutions.
- Works on multiple tasks/projects.
- Provides subject matter expertise for key BI core functions.
- Participates in the planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions.
- Provides subject matter expertise for key BI core functions.
- Manages and plans for service demand forecasts.
- Evaluates internal and external customers’ needs and abilities in order to provide appropriate solutions..
- Provides input to business requirements for the design of solutions.
- Understands and articulates business requirements to find the optimal BI solution to satisfy the stakeholders needs.
- Advises executives on how BI plays a critical role in improving business management and optimisation.
- Researches, identifies, analyses and provides input to new tools, frameworks, techniques, patterns or processes that will have a positive impact on the BI architecture.
- Designs corporate-wide dashboards and reports.
- Performs analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats, volumes and from various sources.
- Researches and documents business problems, to design and implement models that help analyse these business problems.
- Reviews data pipelines and test plans to ensure that business results are tested and correct.
- Researches and develops best practices for reports and dashboards deployments.
- Provides input to the development of information quality metrics.
- Creates data quality tickets, as needed.
- Interfaces with vendors to keep abreast of new technologies, pricing and customer applicability.
- Participates in vendor evaluations.
- Provides input to standards, policies and procedures that will help our Data Governance program.
- Designs and documents end-user and analyst training material.
- Trains users to transform data into action-oriented information and to use that information correctly.
- Provides guidance, training, and problem-solving assistance to other team members.
- Coaches less-experienced individuals.
The skills we need:
- Ability to understand a customer's business needs and translate needs into IT specific requirements
- Gathers and analyses information or data on current and future trends of best practice.
- Seeks information on issues impacting the progress of organizational and process issues
- Anticipates, identifies and defines problems- seeks root causes
- Demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy
- Collaborates with other members of formal and informal groups in the pursuit of common missions, vision, values and mutual goals.
- Places team needs and priorities above personal needs
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or Advanced Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management and a minimum of 5 years of Business Analysis or related technical experience is required.
- In the event that a candidate does not have a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Diploma (in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management), an equivalent experience requirement must be met, which equates to a minimum of 8 years of Business Analysis or related technical experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience using a BI reporting tools (e.g. QlikView, Tableau, Microsoft BI etc.)
- Experience using QlikView is advantageous
- Minimum 3 years SQL experience
- High proficiency in working with large data sets and business models
- Retail or e-commerce industry experience beneficial
- Knowledge of one or more business functional areas.
- Python Experience would be advantageous
Let’s talk about life @ Takealot Group
- The power is in your hands: We offer a market-related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs. Go on, be the master of your own destiny.
- No doors: We aren’t fans of stuffy offices or siloed work environments. See someone you like? High five, collab and make something great.
- Remote working: Love water cooler chats and working from home? Takealot.com offers a hybrid working model for the best of both worlds.
- Mentorship programme: We aren’t kidding when we say the people with the best people win. Now’s your chance to be one of the best, by learning from the best.
- Naspers Tech Community & Online Learning: Share ideas and grow with global industry leaders who are all just a Slack message away. Love to learn? Up-skill with free access to courses on MyAcademy, Udacity, Coursera and more.
- Good times: Get to know the other extraordinary minds at takealot.com during regular social events and out-of-office activities (think hikes, think mini golf, think good times).
- Staff discount. Millions of products across 28 departments. What more could you ask for?
- Birthday leave: Cake Day all the way. Enjoy your day off - you deserve it.
- Right tools, right job: Mac or Windows, two monitors or one. Whatever your preference, you’ll work on the latest tech, off the latest tech.
- Help when you need it most: Confidential counselling, legal support and financial guidance, for free, anytime, anywhere.
- Tech stack (for days): ReactJS, Python, Scala, Kotlin, Swift, Google Cloud, Kafka, Redis, Kubernetes and all things machine learning. If you build it, they will come.
- Free parking: No more 5km fun runs to your desk (unless you want to).
Like what you see?
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind. Apply today!!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.