Mr D Food, a subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a highly talented Junior Graphic Designer to join our Mr D Food team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Digital Marketing Associate.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Sourcing images for creative content
• Resizing images for app, email and social media.
• Graphic production for web banners
• Assist with content creation for all social media platforms
• Convert designs into print-ready formats
• Offer input to creative meetings and sharing ideas
• Image retouching
• Ability to be innovative, take initiative and show creativity
• Great communication skills both written and verbal
• High level of attention to detail
• Must be a self-starter
• Must be able to work independently and in a team (must be a good collaborator)
• Must be deadline driven and able to work under pressure
• Reliable and willing to adhere to team processes and standards
• Willingness to implement feedback.
• Excellent layout skills.
• Excellent visual design fundamentals including composition, colour theory, typography
• Ability to follow briefs independently.
• Passionate about design and advertising.
• Enthusiastic about being a part of a fast moving start up environment
• Tertiary qualification in the field of Graphic Design.
• Minimum 1 year post qualification experience.
• Excellent Adobe Creative Suite knowledge; (Competent and confident in using Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
• Track record of creative talent with a good eye for aesthetics. (please include link to portfolio)
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.