Established in 1744, Sotheby’s is the world’s premier destination for art and luxury. Synonymous with innovation, Sotheby’s promotes access, connoisseurship and preservation of fine art and rare objects through auctions, private sales and retail locations. Our trusted global marketplace is supported by a network of specialists spanning 40 countries and 50 categories, which include Contemporary Art, Modern and Impressionist Art, Old Masters, Chinese Works of Art, Jewelry, Watches, Wine and Spirits, and Interiors, among many others.
ROLE: Recruiter, Asia
DEPARTMENT: Human Resource
Sotheby’s has been uniting collectors with world-class works of art since 1744. Today, Sotheby’s remains synonymous with innovation, with a global network of over 1500 employees located in 80 offices in 40 countries around the globe. In addition to worldwide auctions, we offer Sotheby’s Financial Services, the only full-service art financing company. Sotheby’s also presents private sale opportunities in 70+ categories, including S|2, the gallery arm of the Global Fine Art Division, and three retail businesses: Sotheby’s Wine, Sotheby’s Diamonds, and Sotheby’s Home. For advisory we offer services for private collectors, museums, corporations, artists, estates and foundations.
We are looking for an experienced Recruiter to support Sotheby’s talent acquisition efforts in Asia. Responsible for driving recruiting projects and full-cycle recruitment processes for across functions and levels of the organization. This role will act as a trusted advisor and partner to Sotheby’s local management team, as well as to the broader HR team to reach our recruiting goals.
- Act as a talent partner for Sotheby’s Asia owning full-cycle recruitment for roles across offices, functions and levels.
- Collaborate with leadership teams, and cross-functional partners to identify areas of talent needs and help craft strategic plans to meet hiring goals
- Partner closely with hiring managers to drive a fast and efficient full-lifecycle interview process from sourcing through on-site interviewing, negotiating offers, and closing candidates
- Leverage and improve on existing recruiting and sourcing channels, such as employee referrals, sourcing tools and networks to find, attract and hire the best talent for Sotheby’s
- Deliver on our diversity recruiting strategy and goals
- Foster a data-driven recruiting approach, leveraging analytics to provide insight and decision support for the team
- Act as a brand ambassador and steward of Sotheby’s; both internally and externally selling our business and creating a great experience for both internal employees and external talent
- Manage the candidate experience end-to-end, with focus on creating a stellar and streamlined candidate experience for every role
IDEAL EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience, recruitment agency experience a plus; in-house recruiting experience preferred
- Proven experience working with leadership team end-to-end through the recruiting process
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple searches, projects and client relationships
- A solution-oriented business partner, with knowledge of talent acquisition strategies and programs
- Demonstrated ability to function as a collaborative partner across the broader People Operations organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Passion around social media, Internet research, and employer branding
To view our Candidate Privacy Notice for the US, please click here.
To view our Candidate Privacy Notice for the UK, Hong Kong, France and Switzerland, please click here.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race (including, without limitation, traits historically associated with race, such as natural hair, hair texture, and protective and treated or untreated hairstyles), color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership/union status, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic predisposition, genetic information, reproductive health decision, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, alienage or citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province or local law. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it operates.