Established in 1744, Sotheby’s is the world’s premier destination for art and luxury. Synonymous with innovation, Sotheby’s promotes access, connoisseurship and preservation of fine art and rare objects through auctions, private sales and retail locations. Our trusted global marketplace is supported by a network of specialists spanning 40 countries and 50 categories, which include Contemporary Art, Modern and Impressionist Art, Old Masters, Chinese Works of Art, Jewelry, Watches, Wine and Spirits, and Interiors, among many others.
Sotheby’s mobile app is becoming a main surface for client engagement and retention.
This role leads the product strategy, roadmap and execution of Sotheby’s mobile app, which is going through a critical stage of transformation. As the lead product manager for Sotheby’s app, you will define the product vision and roadmap, work closely with engineering leaderships on resource planning, partner with tech and business teams to execute the roadmap and drive our product transformation. You will also work with a wide range of product teams focusing on auctions, buy now, accounts, payment etc and drive the collaborative thinking of a holistic app experience for our clients. You will leverage research, data and metrics to understand our clients’ app footprint and make critical product decisions/tradeoffs.
The ideal candidate is someone who’s passionate about users, has experience working on a mobile app, and has worked closely with design and data teams to build consumer products.
- Develop a deep understanding of Sotheby’s core business lines
- Create a product vision for our mobile app by conducting market research, user interviews and data analysis
- Define a roadmap by generating/collecting product ideas and assessing impact-based priorities
- Work closely with engineering leadership on resource planning
- Work closely with the design team to develop mockups and conduct user research
- Work with data science team to understand key user/business metrics and define measurement for individual projects
- Drive project execution to meet its timeline by leading agile scrum sessions with development teams
- Lead executive updates and stakeholder meetings
- Write concise product requirements and summaries for new feature releases
- Develop strong partnerships with both product and business teams
- Drive collaboration by working closely with various product teams and understand their relations with the app
- Lead working group meetings to make key decisions, remove obstacles, and raise risks ensuring business goals are met and support the strategic vision of each associated product.
IDEAL EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- 7+ years product management experience
- Experience in a consumer technology environment
- Experience building a mobile app that was successfully launched in the market
- Ability to set and drive the big picture strategy for a cross-functional team, while also providing detailed guidance on individual projects
- Demonstrated interest in user experience or art
- Proficient with common product design and management frameworks
- Organized, collaborative and flexible, able to work calmly and professionally under time sensitive deadlines
- Logical problem solver and decision maker with strong attention to details and clear assessment of tradeoffs
- Listens well to stakeholders and business owners while remaining focused on finding a path to delivering high quality products that will delight users.
- Analytical, with a data first mindset
- Functions well in an agile environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience working in eCommerce, Lifestyle, Luxury or Arts is a plus
- A degree in a technical or quantitative major is a plus
The proposed base salary for this position ranges from $155,000-$200,000. In addition to base salary successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus, as well as a competitive benefits package. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered.
To view our Candidate Privacy Notice for the US, please click here.
To view our Candidate Privacy Notice for the UK, Hong Kong, France and Switzerland, please click here.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race (including, without limitation, traits historically associated with race, such as natural hair, hair texture, and protective and treated or untreated hairstyles), color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership/union status, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic predisposition, genetic information, reproductive health decision, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, alienage or citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province or local law. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it operates.