Established in 1744, Sotheby’s is the world’s premier destination for art and luxury. Synonymous with innovation, Sotheby’s promotes access, connoisseurship and preservation of fine art and rare objects through auctions, private sales and retail locations. Our trusted global marketplace is supported by a network of specialists spanning 40 countries and 50 categories, which include Contemporary Art, Modern and Impressionist Art, Old Masters, Chinese Works of Art, Jewelry, Watches, Wine and Spirits, and Interiors, among many others.
At Sotheby’s we’re transforming the way we drive business decisions through data with the adoption of a fully cloud-native environment. This hands-on role will support the efforts of maintaining and growing an enterprise data lake on which this team and others perform their work. You will interface with technical system owners, security, and IT teams to understand and support their efforts. You will be responsible for implementing new datasets and data services to support our various applications and business functions. You will partner with development teams to create ETL processes that automate the transformation and centralization of data from all corners of the enterprise.
- Implement new ETLs for data collection from internal systems into GCP
- Help evangelize high quality software engineering practices towards building data infrastructure and pipelines at scale
- Work within and across agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of cloud development tools and technologies
- Create monitoring and alerting solutions for data pipeline statuses
- Implement specific Google Cloud data security and governance controls
- Maintain access controls for the data lake and associated Google Cloud products
- Ensure quality of the solutions are robust, scalable and efficient to meet the needs of the business
IDEAL EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field or equivalent experience
- Strong programming skills preferably in Python
- 0-2 years experience supporting production cloud environments
- Strong understanding of IAM and cloud-based access and security controls
- Familiarity with ETL pipeline orchestration frameworks, such as Luigi or Airflow
- Experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Apache Beam, BigQuery, BigTable, Redshift, Kinesis, etc.
- Experience with log management and monitoring tools, including tools within Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform as well as open source and third-party monitoring tools.
- Experience in managing projects and infrastructure for cloud-based platforms (security, authentication, monitoring, data governance)
- Experience working with containers and container services is also a significant plus
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race (including, without limitation, traits historically associated with race, such as natural hair, hair texture, and protective and treated or untreated hairstyles), color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership/union status, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic predisposition, genetic information, reproductive health decision, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, alienage or citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province or local law. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it operates.