solarisBank is the world’s first banking platform enabling businesses to create custom solutions for their financial needs. The core of the company is a fast and modern technology which makes our banking services quick to setup and simple to build. With a full EU banking license, we combine agile engineering with the regulatory expertise of a fully licensed bank.
By combining digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience we enable our partners to offer various digital financial services to their end-consumer. Our Banking Platform is built in a modular way allowing partners to easily integrate through APIs and access a range of solutions, including BKYC, Digital Banking, Cards, Payments, and Lending. We also partner with trusted third parties to offer additional services e.g. FX, KYC.
solarisBank was founded in March 2016 in Berlin receiving full EU Banking License within 9 months of operating. We are now active in 7+ EU countries via passporting of the banking license and reaching over 2 million end-customers via 50+ partners. Following two successful funding rounds, solarisBank received approx. 95m EUR of funding from strategic investors such as Arvato, BBVA, Lakestar, Visa, SBI Group, ABN AMRO and FinLeap.
Our product team ensures a consistent and state of the art development of our financial products. In order to master this challenge, the product team always wears different glasses, challenges itself and changes perspectives. We deal with many internal stakeholders on a daily basis since they are essential for the product we build.
The solarisBank Core-Banking team focuses on ensuring the development and stable functioning of our internal banking systems, building a solid foundation for our market products to grow and scale. As the Core-Banking team, we strive for full automation and reliability of daily banking operations, accompanied with full transparency and auditability of all internal processes happening within a bank.
We are responsible for a major part of a classical core-banking domain within a bank: payment accounts subledger and payment processing. This means we are a team of experts in how payment processing flows internally (within the bank) and externally (inter-bank payments and integration with clearing houses), as well as the lifecycle of the payment accounts maintained within the bank. We closely collaborate with domain experts (banking operations, compliance, risk, finance, external providers) and other teams working in core-banking domain on daily basis, to make sure that our systems meet the high operational standards solarisBank sets. We are proud to be a tech voice in the heart of the modern bank!
- You own and drive the vision, strategy and priorities of your part of the solarisBank Core-Banking domain and define its value proposition in tight collaboration with the engineering and domain experts
- You bring together the interests of a multitude of stakeholders like engineering, operational risk, compliance and banking operations. You negotiate priorities, scope and schedule of all features implemented by your team
- You are in charge of keeping the backlog prioritized, transparent to all stakeholders and well understood by the development team so they can deliver effectively
- You coordinate technical and business requirements with third-party providers like payment gateways
- You are part of the solarisBank product team and improve the company’s product process through regular exchange and cooperation
- You have at least 2 years of experience as a Product Owner or a similar profession in a tech-driven environment
- Experience of managing products or services in the finance-related or payment-related sphere (banking, debt collection, payments, loan origination as examples) is a strong plus
- You have a strong interest in how the inside of the bank functions and organizing a smooth collaboration between technology and business
- You are keen to learn. A lot. Your team works on one of the central pieces of a bank, crucial for the success of a company and important and exciting for a vast majority of stakeholders within the company
- You can manage a diverse group of stakeholders and their requirements and interests
- You have a keen interest in enhancing developers' efficiency and like having an enjoyable working environment in a team
- You bring the analytical mindset to crack organizational and processual challenges
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You see yourself as a team player and have knowledge of agile methodologies such as SCRUM and Kanban
- A Bachelor’s degree
- You are fluent in English, ability to read German is a plus
- We aren't a traditional bank – rather a tech company with a banking license. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.
Information on data processing: