SimilarWeb is the pioneer of market intelligence and the standard for understanding the digital world. SimilarWeb provides granular insights about any website or app across all industries in every region enabling the world's biggest brands like Airbnb, Walmart, HSBC, eBay and Adidas to create the strategies necessary to win market share. The company has raised over $112M and has nearly 400 employees across eight global offices.
SimilarWeb has been named one of Inc.com 15 Israeli Startups to Watch in 2017 and one of Business Insider’s Top 50 Enterprise Startups to Bet Your Career On.
But if we want to continue helping the world’s biggest brands reimagine what is possible online, we need talented and driven individuals who are looking for the chance to make a real and tangible impact. Does this sound like you?
What makes the SimilarWeb R&D team awesome?
We love data! At SimilarWeb you have the opportunity to work with it on a petabyte scale!
As part of the team you will support everything from our multi million client side panel across all platforms through our massive ingest pipeline (Big data starts with ingesting even bigger data. Our Node.js, Kafka, Java, Python, Go pipeline is impressive!)
We are solving some really complex problems with web server scale, algorithms on the client side, research of different OS’s and APIs, managing multi million users products and more.
Work with cutting edge technology - we often beta test the tech that other people will only discover next year!
We want you to get better and help you set goals and conquer them
A day to day as a Fullstack Team Leader at SimilarWeb means...
- Discover and develop amazing new features while leading a multidisciplinary team of multiple frontend, backend, qa and automation engineers.
- Initiate cross-function collaboration with Big Data, Product, and Design to develop high quality, focused products (and inspire your team to independently initiate this same collaboration).
- Hire and attain top talent, full stack engineers.
- Ensure the team fully understands and delivers towards the goals and objectives of SimilarWeb as a company and how their work fits into 'the bigger picture'.
- Seek diverse perspectives to drive bottom-up innovation and create consensus from all technical partners inside and outside the team.
- Create success metrics and take responsibility for the group’s technical strategy and roadmap.
- Partner with tech leads and senior engineers to gather system requirements in order to gut check new feature proposals and make large system improvements.
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management.
Who you are?
- You lead by example and technical excellence and not by authority.
- You keep track and experiment with new technologies and enrich colleagues around you.
- You bring a strong perspective that inspires change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- You are a supporter of giving engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation they need to make decisions independently that lead to the recognition of your engineers.
- A data-driven software engineer ready to design and implement innovative new features that impact our flagship product.
- Full-stack engineer: experience and understanding of the full stack, with a desire to focus on the APIs, user interfaces, and the services backing them up
- Backend engineer: experienced in backend systems such as data processing (realtime and batch mode), storage platforms, and service-oriented architecture.
- Someone who wants to push the limits of product innovation using the latest advancements in technology and methods - working closely with product managers, designers, and other engineering teams
What will you bring to the team?
- BSc/MSc in computer science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of software engineering experience, including 3+ years of hands-on technical management
- Ability to prioritize delivery, work independently while being a servant leader
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management
- Experience with data analytics and distributed systems (HBase, Cassandra, Hive, Spark SQL, etc’)
- Proficiency in NodeJS, Python and C#.
- Basic experience with MySQL/PostgreSQL, AWS
- Comfortable tackling uncharted territories and learning new technologies
Why choose SimilarWeb?
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At SimilarWeb, you’ll be surrounded by the most talented professionals and you’ll work across departments gaining skills and driving impact.
- Data Driven: We believe data driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team