Similarweb is the leading digital intelligence platform used by over 3500 global customers. Our wide range of solutions power the digital strategies of companies like Google, eBay, and Adidas.
We help our customers succeed in today’s digital world by giving them access to data-driven insights, competitive benchmarks, strategic analysis, and more.
In 2021, we went public on the New York Stock Exchange, and we haven’t stopped growing since!
We’re looking for a Production Engineering Team Leader, you will report to the Production Engineering Group Director, R&D.
Why is this role so important at Similarweb?
You will be part of the R&D Production Engineering Group, responsible for the technical leadership of the team in the group. You will lead the team architecture, technological stack, development processes and facilitate engineers growth to enable the delivery of new features, improve operational efficiency and achieve development excellence. You will collaborate with the different teams in the R&D.
So, what will you be doing all day?
- Take an active part in research and implementation of new technologies
- Contribute to company wide architecture and collaborate with various groups of the R&D
- Responsible for the professional growth of the team members
- Responsible for the team’s deliveries and KPI’s
- Create frameworks and tools that will be used by 300+ engineers and have a direct impact on how SimilarWeb delivers software and data.
- Design, build and manage highly available, scalable and robust services.
- Manage thousands of servers and containers by automating infrastructure changes and deployments.
- Developing and maintaining our logging, monitoring and alerting stacks.
- Troubleshooting and mitigating production incidents as part of an on-call rotation alongside engineers from within all other R&D groups.
This is the perfect job for someone who:
- Experienced in management and technical leadership of development teams.
- Ability to build long-term plans and set alignment around goals and objectives.
- Ability to define goals, create alignment and device long term plans.
- Experience in building large scale big-data environments.
- Passionate for a high scale production environment, new technologies and open source.
- 4+ years of experience in developing applications and tooling using Python/Ruby/Java/Node.js/Go.
- Vast experience with running a large scale operation on Amazon Web Services/Google Cloud Engine or similar.
- Deep understanding of Linux: Troubleshooting, designing robust architecture and understanding the internals.
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration solutions such as Kubernetes or Nomad.
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills.
Why you’ll love being a Similarwebber:
You’ll actually love the product you work with: Our customers aren’t our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said “the product.” Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
You’ll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue and empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. You’ll find the resources you need to take initiative and create meaningful change within the organization.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously, and offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings and happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether it’s Career Week, personalized coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, you’ll find all the tools and opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isn’t just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.