Similarweb is the leading digital intelligence platform used by over 3500 global customers. Our wide range of solutions power the digital strategies of companies like Google, eBay, and Adidas.
We help our customers succeed in today’s digital world by giving them access to data-driven insights, competitive benchmarks, strategic analysis, and more.
In 2021, we went public on the New York Stock Exchange, and we haven’t stopped growing since!
We’re looking for a Backend Team Manager to design, code, and manage Similarweb’s large-scale and highly available services, using cutting-edge technologies & design.
This role will report to the Director of R&D.
Why is this role so important at Similarweb?
You will be working on Similarweb',s B2B platform that serves tens of thousands of customers, serving hundreds of terabytes in production, while leading our backend engineers that are responsible for the entire data lifecycle - from our endless data lakes, through choosing the right serving methods and databases, all the way to our api services.
You will impact the work of these engineers by guiding on best practices, challenging their designs, developing their professional skills and managing them. You will facilitate the tools and understand the needs of your people to bring the best of them.
So, what will you be doing all day?
Your role as part of the Backend team Manager means your daily responsibilities may include:
- Nurture production-first mindset in your group
- Execute the data/server technical roadmap with the team, to achieve world-class quality, stability and development experience
- Be in charge of backend and data-pipelines coding standards, monitoring and enforcement
- Take active part in technical designs and code reviews with you team members
- Be in charge of knowledge sharing in your team
- Partner with product managers, R&D delivery managers to make sure our technical vision is align with business goals
This is the perfect job for someone who:
- BSC or higher degree in computer science, mathematics, or other applicable domains is expected.
- At least 2 years of experience as an engineering manager
- Experience with building large scale SaaS platform
- Experience with complex web systems design and architecture
- Experience with data analytics platforms implementation - big advantage
- Extensive knowledge of .NET framework - big advantage
- Extensive knowledge of databases solutions for big data - advantage
- Extensive knowledge of data engineering pipelines (Spark/Airflow) - advantage
*All Similarweb offices work in a hybrid model, so you can enjoy the flexibility of working from home with the benefits of building face to face connections with fellow Similarwebbers.
Why you’ll love being a Similarwebber:
You’ll actually love the product you work with: Our customers aren’t our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said “the product.” Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
You’ll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue and empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. You’ll find the resources you need to take initiative and create meaningful change within the organization.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously, and offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings and happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether it’s Career Week, personalized coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, you’ll find all the tools and opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isn’t just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.