Similarweb is the leading digital intelligence platform used by over 3500 global customers. Our wide range of solutions power the digital strategies of companies like Google, eBay, and Adidas.
We help our customers succeed in today’s digital world by giving them access to data-driven insights, competitive benchmarks, strategic analysis, and more.
In 2021, we went public on the New York Stock Exchange, and we haven’t stopped growing since!
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to build the next generation app intelligence product at SimilarWeb.
This role will report to the R&D team lead (App Intelligence).
Why is this role so important at Similarweb?
Mobile Apps are a key component in the digital world and are invaluable to Similarweb’s biggest customers. We are building the next version of the App Intelligence product, delivering unique insights to our clients.
You will develop new machine learning and statistical algorithms in a Big Data ecosystem, working closely with engineers to deliver your solutions to our clients.
So, what will you be doing all day?
- Developing variety of novel algorithms that solve real customers problems
- Investigating new technologies and methodologies, being always at the forefront of the technology
- Analyzing TB of data into actionable insights
- Working closely with big data engineers to bring your models to production, at SimilarWeb’s scale
- Working closely with the product and translating voice-of-customers into digital insights
This is the perfect job for someone who:
- 3+ years of experience with statistical and machine learning tools - Python, R, etc. - Must
- Experience in developing machine learning/image processing/NLP or similar algorithms - Must
- B.Sc. in Computer Science/Mathematics/Physics or any other relevant field - Must
- M.Sc. in Computer Science/Mathematics/Physics/Engineering/Econometrics or equivalent
- Experience with probability theory and statistics
- Big data and SQL experience - a bonus
*All Similarweb offices work in a hybrid model, so you can enjoy the flexibility of working from home with the benefits of building face to face connections with fellow Similarwebbers.
About the team
A startup-like new team, with end to end responsibility to deliver a key product to the company. The team is composed of data scientists, big data engineers and data analysts, working closely with a dedicated product. Everything starts and ends within the team, with short cycles and full ownership.
Why you’ll love being a Similarwebber:
You’ll actually love the product you work with: Our customers aren’t our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said “the product.” Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
You’ll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue and empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. You’ll find the resources you need to take initiative and create meaningful change within the organization.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously, and offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings and happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether it’s Career Week, personalized coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, you’ll find all the tools and opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isn’t just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.