SimilarWeb is a leading Alternative Data provider trusted by the world's top financial institutions. At SimilarWeb we bring together the industry’s top talent to work together and create products that transform the way that investors make decisions.
Reporting to the VP of Investor Solutions, the Equity Researcher will be the head of our SaaS coverage sector, being the SimilarWeb expert on all digital data we have on the software industry. You will play a critical role in growing ARR through building client relationships and delivering market leading research from unique and proprietary data sets, in one of the world's largest and fastest growing alternative data vendors. You will have the opportunity to work with many of the biggest hedge funds globally in addition to collaborating with multiple departments, across the world at SimilarWeb to help turn SimilarWeb’s data into insights.
So what does an Equity Researcher do at SimilarWeb?
This is a client-facing position and you’ll have the opportunity to directly advise the biggest investors in the US. ER's collaborate with multiple departments at SimilarWeb to help turn SimilarWeb’s data into insights for our key customers and potential customers.
- Conduct in-depth research on key tickers across the Internet and SaaS space; identify, extract and analyze the relevant SimilarWeb trends that are pertinent to address major investor questions
- Generate content (reports, models, analyses) to articulate SimilarWeb value proposition and advanced analysis capabilities per ticker / sector
- Collaborate with sales and account management teams to present analysis and research to potential and existing clients
- Own the value-side of client engagements, from demoing the product on how to extract insights, through supporting onboarding all the way to strengthening relationship and demonstrating value for existing clients
- Grow technical capability in others; mentor new hires; enrich team with level of technical and analytic expertise
- Attend conferences to develop your positioning as an industry expert
- This is a full time position reporting to the management team in New York.
- Experience in equity analysis and valuing companies, particularly consumer facing ones; meaningful experience in equity research styled writing
- 2+ years working in Equity Research, Hedge Funds, Investment Banking, Asset Management, preferable with some client facing experience
- Strong background in stock analysis and a passion for data driven fundamental investing
- Problem solver, with strong ability to translate client needs into tangible solutions and value based discussions
- Strong in Excel
- Experience producing high quality client-facing materials
- Analytical mindset with the ability to quickly digest a problem and identify a solution
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong interest in digital (digital experience a plus)
Nice to Have:
- Programming experience (Python, SQL)
- Quantitative background
- Data-Driven: We believe data-driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team