As the most trusted platform for measuring online behavior, millions of people rely on SimilarWeb insights daily as the ground truth for their knowledge of the digital world. We empower anyone — from the curious individual to the enterprise business leader — to make smarter decisions by understanding why things happen across the digital ecosystem. Learn more at WWW.SIMILARWEB.COM.
The company has raised over $240M and has over 700 employees across 11 global offices.
SimilarWeb has been named one of CALCALIST'S TOP 50 STARTUPS 2019 and one of the 10 MOST DESIRABLE ISRAELI COMPANIES TO WORK FOR. SimilarWeb is also ranked 8th in DUN’S BEST HIGH TECH COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN ISRAEL in 2018, taking over companies such as Amazon, Mobileye, PayPal, Ebay and more.
What makes the SimilarWeb R&D team awesome?
- We love data! At SimilarWeb you have the opportunity to work with it on a petabyte scale!
- As part of the team you will support our backend for a multi million client side panel across all platforms through our massive ingest pipeline in cloud (Big data starts with ingesting even bigger data. Our Node.js, Kinesis, Java, Python, Go pipeline is impressive!)
- We are solving some really complex problems with web server scale, algorithms on the client side, research of different OS’s and APIs, managing multi million users products and more.
- Work with cutting edge technology - we often beta test the tech that other people will only discover next year!
- We want you to get better and help you set goals and conquer them
A day to day as a Server Developer (Data Factory) at SimilarWeb means...
- You will be a server side developer, who is passionate about learning new technologies and handling a multitude of systems, and can fit in a small team of independent developers. You will develop and integrate systems that retrieve and analyze data from around the web from millions of users.
- On a day to day you will
- Take a major part in designing and implementing complex high scale systems using large variety of technologies
- Design, code and integrate huge scale systems written in Python, Node.js, Go & more
- Implement solutions in AWS cloud environment
- Constantly learn new technologies and methods and enrich other team members
What will I bring to the team?
- BSc degree in Computer Science, a related technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 3 years of server side Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: Distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval (scraping), web application development.
- Comfortable taking challenges and learning new technologies, including new coding languages.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide constant dialog between engineering teams
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Excellent reliability, dependability, and trustworthiness
- Strong sense of ownership over the products of the team
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment
It’s a plus if you also have:
- Experience with large scale production systems
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, Airflow, etc.
Why choose SimilarWeb?
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At SimilarWeb, you’ll be surrounded by innovative, passionate and creative people that are looking to drive real impact. We are proud to have over 600 talented and passionate professionals, and we strongly believe in winning together as a way of driving a successful business!
- Data Driven: We believe data driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: We believe in excellence as a mindset. It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team and working together to reach new heights.