We’re seeking a Finance Manager to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the tools we’ve created.
As a member of the Financial Planning and Analysis team, you’ll play a critical role in building the annual and long-range plans and forecasts for Senior Management, the Board, and external investors. This hire will work closely with the CFO, Controller, and other key executives in the areas of strategic financial planning, financial modeling and evaluation of business development pursuits and internal investments, analytics, management reporting, and presentation development.
Who will love this job:
- A strategic financial planner who understands the pharma/biotech/tech industries
- An excellent oral and written communicator who can interact professionally at all organizational levels
- A technologically savvy problem-solver who’s comfortable working with various financial modeling software tools (Excel/Google Sheet and PowerPoint/Google Slide proficiency is a must)
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of three analysts at varying levels
- Implement and maintain innovative approaches to driver-based planning and analysis while leveraging technology to make reporting processes more efficient
- Architect and and implement financial systems to provide insightful data analysis
- Undertake ad hoc projects assigned by the CFO, Controller, or Head of FP&A
What you’ll need:
- An MBA in Finance
- At least two years of FP&A experience with a publicly-traded company
- A willingness to travel to corporate headquarters in New York City on a quarterly basis
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events.
We’ve been working remotely from across the world over the past year because the health and safety of our employees is paramount. Nonetheless, we have kept Schrödinger’s outstanding culture going through a series of online fitness classes, trivia nights, happy hours, and so much more.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.