Schrödinger, a leader in computational chemistry software and services for preclinical drug discovery, is seeking an ambitious, highly driven, and goal-oriented Associate Account Manager.
As a member of the Sales team operating in the Northeastern US, you’ll identify, qualify, and develop new software and services business within the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Your customer base will include scientists, departmental management, and senior pharma/biotech executives. Additionally, you’ll interact closely with Schrödinger’s applications scientists, product managers, members of the senior management team, and other account managers.
Who will love this job:
- A team-oriented salesperson, or aspiring salesperson, with a science background
- Someone familiar with drug discovery processes
- A customer-oriented problem-solver who can handle negotiation, terms, procurement, and solution implementation
- An excellent presenter and communicator of scientifically-sophisticated solutions to complex research problems
- A self-sufficient multitasker with fantastic organizational skills who can perform well under pressure
What you’ll do:
- Manage all team engagements with assigned accounts to ensure objectives are met
- Develop and maintain exceptional account relationships through effective communication, education, reporting and problem-solving
- Provide feedback from clients to the internal Product Managers and Support teams
- Support Account Management team with prospecting, lead qualification and quote generation
- Use Salesforce CRM to track account activities and progress
- Work with marketing to implement and coordinate prospecting campaigns
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, or a related science
- One to two years of relevant work experience, software sales experience preferred
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, equity-based compensation, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Office Management team also plans a myriad of fun company-wide events. Schrödinger is honored to have been included in Newsweek's list of America's 100 Most Loved Workplaces.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.