We’re seeking a Software Developer to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials.
As a member of our Infrastructure team, you’d play a key role in enabling scientific calculations that run at scale.
Who will love this job:
- An accomplished Go developer who has at least some Python experience
- A great engineer with a good understanding of distributed systems.
- A thoughtful engineer with a test-first approach
- An excellent written and verbal communicator
- An experienced Linux user, preferably with at least some knowledge of Windows and/or macOS
- A proficient user of their choice of programming tools, whether VS Code or Vim
- A capable debugger and performance optimizer
What you’ll do:
- Extend our cross-platform Go-based job distribution system that enables scientific calculations at scale with a team of other engineers
- Provide infrastructure to facilitate computational drug discovery and materials design
What you should have:
- A CS degree, with a firm grasp of data structures and algorithms
- An interest in science! No prior knowledge is needed, however.
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.