We’re looking for a Python Developer to aid us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computational drug discovery and materials science. Our platform is used by researchers and companies around the world and drives our own internal drug discovery projects.
As a member of our Python Development team, you’ll play a key role in writing and maintaining GUI, workflow, and application code across a broad range of scientific products.
Who will love this job:
- A Python programmer who’s passionate about building well-designed, well-tested, user-oriented software
- A scientist at heart with an interest in simulations and modeling
- A natural collaborator who enjoys interacting both within the team and across departments
What you’ll do:
- Write clear, highly-organized, maintainable Python code
- Adopt good software engineering practices and methodologies
- Build complex software with many moving parts
What you should have:
- Solid grasp of object-oriented programming principles
- Familiarity with writing unit tests and test-driven development
- Some background in chemistry, biology, or physics and familiarity with scientific language and concepts
- Experience in GUI development and/or large, complex codebases preferred, but not required
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.