We’re seeking a Software Developer to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our Infrastructure team, you’d play a key role in supporting scientific testing and scientific validation that runs at scale. Schrödinger’s strength is science, but we couldn’t have advanced scientific innovation without a set of strong engineering principles. A robust underlying technical platform is critical to the success of the company.
Who will love this job:
- An accomplished Python coder who also understands compiled languages like C/C++
- A developer who’s bothered by code that is difficult to test
- A Linux system aficionado who’s familiar with either Windows and macOS (or excited to learn more)
- A cloud computing pro who has development experience at the AWS associate level or equivalent
- A savvy engineer who’s knowledgeable about a variety of development tools like Pulumi, Docker, and Hashicorp’s tools
- A build system adept (e.g., bazel, waf, make) who has experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. GitHub Actions, Jenkins, or buildbot)
- An excellent verbal and written communicator
What you’ll do:
- Create and maintain infrastructure for large scale scientific testing on the cloud
- Automate deploys, builds and tests to push drug discovery and materials development forward
- Provide a platform that enables the work of scientific software developers
What you should have:
- Three to five years of professional experience with software development (either direct work in infrastructure or a strong interest in moving towards this area)
- An interest in science! No prior knowledge is needed, however