We’re looking to hire a DMPK Scientist to join us in our mission to discover and develop drugs that improve human health and materials that increase quality of life.
Schrödinger provides advanced molecular simulations and enterprise software solutions that accelerate and increase the efficiency of drug discovery and materials design. Schrödinger has a growing pipeline of early stage assets and has co-founded leading biotech companies, including Nimbus Therapeutics and Morphic Therapeutic. In addition, the company has deep partnerships and collaborations in such fields as biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and electronics. Through significant long-term investments in basic research, Schrödinger has made scientific breakthroughs across many areas of drug discovery and materials science.
As a member of the DMPK group, you’ll enable progression of novel and best-in-class drug candidates in discovery and early clinical development. You will also aid the Drug Discovery group in developing and executing the DMPK and PK/PD strategies necessary for the facilitation of optimized candidate molecule advancement.
Who will love this job:
- A highly motivated, self-driven, and results-oriented data-analyzer
- An excellent communicator and presenter who can work both as a team player and a project driver
- A flexible and socially adept person who’s excited about networking and building internal and external relationships
What you’ll do:
- Represent the DMPK group on project teams to materialize molecular modeling design ideas into druggable novel chemical entities
- Develop and drive the DMPK strategy for Drug Discovery projects
- Work collaboratively within project teams to design and execute in vitro and in vivo preclinical studies to profile new compounds
- Work with external CROs to generate relevant data to enable knowledge and data integration
- Analyze and integrate in silico, physicochemical, and DMPK data to impact molecule design and selection
- Effectively communicate DMPK knowledge and strategy to project teams, functional leaders, and other key stakeholders
- Organize appropriate reports for regulatory submission of development drug candidates and ensure the overall quality of the studies and interpretation
What you should have:
- An academic background in pharmaceutical sciences or a related field: a bachelor’s degree and at least ten years of DMPK-related experience, a master’s degree and at least five years of DMPK-related experience, or a PhD and at least two years of DMPK-related experience
- Prior experience with independently representing DMPK on project teams is preferred
The company is open to considering candidates who need work visa sponsorship for this role.