We’re looking to hire a Science and Technology Support Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our Scientific Support team, you’ll help customers optimize their use of our drug and materials discovery software. By keeping close tabs on issues of interest to our users, you’ll play a crucial role in the insurance of customer satisfaction.
Who will love this job:
- A computational chemist who has experience in the pharmaceutical applications of molecular modeling software tools
- A strong problem-solver who’s familiar with high-performance computing clusters and queuing systems
- A keen Python programmer
- A quick-thinking customer supporter who enjoys helping others solve problems
- An excellent communicator with impeccable interpersonal and organizational skills
What you’ll do:
- Aid the Schrödinger community with scientific advice and support
- Guide technical deployment of Schrödinger software in high-performance computing environments (which include clusters, cloud platforms and GPUs)
- Troubleshoot user difficulties
- Log and track problems and enhancement requests
- Channel feedback to the development team
What you should have:
- PhD in computational chemistry, biophysics, or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written English skills are required; Chinese language proficiency is a plus
- Experience in one or more of the following: molecular dynamics simulations/enhanced sampling/free energy calculation methods, ligand-based drug design, chemoinformatics, quantum mechanics, and/or structural modeling