Schrödinger seeks an outstanding Clinical Research Scientist (Director/Senior Director) with expertise in early clinical development to join our New York team. This hire will report to the Head of Early Clinical Development, and be responsible for scientific leadership of the first clinical trial conducted exclusively by Schrödinger.
Our drug discovery and early clinical development team includes a cross-functional group of experts advancing compounds into the clinic. Indications are therapeutically agonistic, but have a strong focus on oncology and inflammation/immunology. The group applies our proprietary physics-based drug design and optimization platform to the drug discovery process, which has successfully advanced ten programs into preclinical development, four programs into clinical development, and one to an FDA approval.
Who will love this job:
- A seasoned clinical research scientist who enjoys performing the day-to-day tasks of clinical sciences and strategy, but also has the knowledge and experience to build out the end-to-end clinical science capabilities of a developing clinical research organization
- A goal-oriented team player who has strong leadership skills to oversee clinical study teams, including CRO and vendor partners
- An advocate for patient centricity to ensure that our clinical trial design focuses on the patient’s perspective
What you will do:
- Provide scientific expertise necessary to develop and execute early development plans
- Develop and execute the scientific components of early development clinical studies in hematological malignancies and oncology indications (including protocol synopsis, protocol, consent forms, case report forms, CSRs, etc) in the near term, and eventually other therapeutic areas. This includes experience developing first-in-human (FIH) oncology protocols that include a complex design with combined dose escalation and multiple cohort expansions in oncology patients.
- Represent Science and Strategy in early clinical development cross-functional teams/meetings
- Collaborate with a cross-functional study team including clinical operations, data management and other experts in the review, querying, and reconciliation of clinical data
- Prepare data summaries and presentations as needed
- Serve as the primary clinical expert for clinical trial sites and study teams for assigned studies
- Mentor junior scientists and share knowledge and expertise across the organization
What you should have:
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences (MD, PhD, Pharm D, MS, RN or other scientific field preferred)
- At least eight years of experience in clinical science, clinical research, or equivalent (at least two years of Phase I experience strongly preferred)
- Previous experience working with clinical CROs
- Ability to plan, develop, and execute early clinical development hematology/oncology studies, including analysis, interpreting, and reporting results
- Strong leadership skills, a collaborative spirit, and a willingness to take ownership for deliverables
- Excellent communication and presentation skills