Schrödinger’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are currently looking for outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery programs.
Our drug discovery group of over 80 scientists includes designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, biochemists, biologists and DMPK experts with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. We also engage with Contract Research Organizations (CROs) and Consultants. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large scale compute infrastructure. Four of the programs we’ve worked on in the past seven years have progressed into the clinic; two are still progressing through trials and two have been approved by the FDA.
We are looking for experienced medicinal chemistry leaders who will drive drug discovery projects through close collaboration with group members and provide project leadership, strategic input and technical expertise across multiple drug discovery programs and therapeutic areas.
Job title will be determined based on candidate experience and qualifications.
- Lead drug discovery programs in effective collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Implement and execute medicinal chemistry strategies to deliver high quality clinical candidates
- Work in close collaboration with computational chemists and modelers on application of the Schrödinger’s computational drug discovery platform to rapid advancement of drug discovery programs
- Contribute to evaluation of new target opportunities for shaping of Schrödinger’s drug discovery portfolio
- Provide strategic and technical expertise to the Chemistry team and the Drug Discovery Group
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry with 8-12+ years of drug discovery experience in a pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology setting
- Demonstrated strong track record in medicinal chemistry as evidenced by successful advancement of drug discovery projects to clinical candidate nomination
- Deep expertise in establishing and execution of medicinal chemistry strategies across all stages of drug discovery to achieve program goals
- Experience in structure-based drug design
- Medicinal Chemistry expert with excellent understanding of biology, pharmacology, DMPK and ability to integrate these disciplines toward successful project progression
- Extensive experience in working with external chemistry teams at CRO’s
- Skilled at working in a dynamic multidisciplinary environment
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of progressing multiple compounds from hit identification to clinical candidates
- Experience in API development and IND-enabling preclinical studies
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams