We’re seeking a Force Fields Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, OPLS4, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the tools we’ve created.
As a member of our Force Fields team, you’ll provide atomistic physics-based models to teams across the company with unprecedented levels of accuracy. This role offers the opportunity to combine your scientific research experience with sound engineering principles to enable chemical discovery projects across a wide range of application areas.
Who will love this job:
- A scientist who has applied molecular simulation and QM methods in model validation
- A student of computational chemistry or biophysics who has modeled small molecules and proteins
- An object-oriented programmer who’s comfortable in Linux/UNIX environments
What you’ll do:
- Facilitate computer-aided chemical discovery by building atomistic physics-based models
- Adopt best engineering practices to write clear, highly-organized, and maintainable code
What you should have:
- Master’s or PhD in Computational Chemistry, Biophysics, or a related field
- Peer-reviewed publications in relevant disciplines
- Intermediate-level knowledge of the Python programming language
Desirable qualifications include:
- C++ programming background
- Experience with force field parameterization and methods development
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands that it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. Our company culture is relaxed but engaged, and we have four weeks of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events - last summer we went tubing down the Delaware River! New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.