Schrödinger seeks a Computational Biology Intern to work on new and exciting drug discovery and development programs.
Our company aims to revolutionize drug design through the use of breakthrough computational methods. Our powerful platform is transforming the discovery of novel therapeutics, and we’re developing a strong preclinical pipeline and portfolio in multiple therapeutic areas, including oncology, immunology and neurology.
Who will love this job:
- A capable collaborator who’s eager to learn and adopt novel methodologies to answer biological questions An enthusiastic scientist who understands large data consortia and genomic data structures
- A proficient R and/or Python programmer who’s familiar with machine learning techniques
- An excellent verbal and written communicator
What you’ll do:
- Work on programs in early drug discovery and translational research with a group of energetic scientists and developers
- Apply modern machine learning methods to challenging computational problems
- Interpret analysis results in a biological or disease context
- Mine large-scale genomic data for biomarker discovery and program advancement
What you should have:
- A graduate major in computational biology, bioinformatics, statistics, computer science or a related field (we will consider undergrads with robust relevant experience)
- Broad background in genomics, computational biology, and/or machine learning
- Experience analyzing multi-omics genomic data, especially with large public data sets
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.