Schrödinger seeks a Protein Conformational Dynamics Scientist to aid us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
As a member of our Life Sciences Software team, you’ll work with cutting-edge, physics-based technologies in drug discovery and materials design. Your background in computational chemistry and biophysics, biomolecular simulations, free energy calculations, and/or protein science will make you a key contributor in our efforts to revolutionize the way therapeutics and materials are discovered.
Who will love this job:
- A skilled computational biophysicist who understands thermodynamics, protein science, and the modeling of biomolecular conformational changes
- An experienced modeler of protein conformational free energy landscapes
- A proficient Python and/or C++ programmer who’s worked in UNIX/Linux environments
- An excellent verbal and written communicator who understands computational drug discovery and allosteric inhibition
What you’ll do:
- Facilitate breakthroughs in computer-aided drug discovery and materials design by delivering novel methods with unprecedented levels of accuracy
- Work with a team of scientists and engineers to develop novel methods to accurately model protein conformational free energy changes
- Carefully design computational experiments to validate the methods and explore application areas in drug discovery
What you should have:
- PhD in computational chemistry, biophysics, molecular modeling, or a related field
- Peer-reviewed publications on biomolecular modeling, computational chemistry/biophysics, and/or conformational free energy calculations
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.