Schrödinger aims to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are looking for an outstanding Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join the Portland-based Human Resources team. The right candidate will enjoy working closely with employees at all levels, including executive-level leadership and managers, while also directly supporting individual contributors.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic partner in a matrixed organization with a proven record of developing exceptional HR practices. We seek someone with strong experience supporting and encouraging a positive, inclusive, and passionately mission-centric work culture. A history of developing positive and practical scaling programs during periods of rapid growth is essential.
- Work with teams in Portland and San Diego to continue to build an adaptive and highly productive matrixed org in a period of very rapid growth. (There is no recruiting requirement for this role, though there will be close coordination with the Company’s dedicated recruiting team)
- Create and refine programming to maintain a strong, uplifting, highly collaborative environment
- Spearhead initiatives in employee relations, onboarding and change management
- Drive internal mobility and career pathing programs
- Provide and coordinate learning and training experiences for managers and staff
- Partner with managers on performance management initiatives, compensation matters and growth and development initiatives
- 5-10 years of HR experience in these critical areas:
- Proven track record of building strong, productive relationships with a portfolio of teams
- Building manager experience and capabilities through training and support; drive staff development through elevated L&D initiatives
- Strong engagement and employee relations experience; build programs from inputs ranging from engagement survey data and comments to daily observations
- Exceptional communication skills
- Coaching at all levels
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred
- Prior experience working in biotechnology and/or pharma is preferred but not required