We are a rapidly growing life sciences company searching for counsel with initiative, determination and focus who will be a significant contributor to the Company’s business and corporate objectives. This role will report to the Associate General Counsel (AGC) and requires strong experience working with public companies and securities law compliance. The individual we hire will work closely with several key groups across the company including the executive team, sales, business development, legal and finance teams and outside counsel in pursuit of the Company’s goals.
- Provide legal support on securities and corporate finance matters, including equity offerings.
- Assist in preparing SEC filings and fulfilling other public company obligations, including quarterly and annual reports, Form 8-Ks, Proxy Statements, as well as Section 16 filings.
- Provide legal advice and support in a wide array of practice areas and special projects as needed including commercial transactions.
- Support strategic investment transactions and joint ventures from start to finish, including due diligence, drafting and negotiation of definitive documentation, coordinating of closing, and post-closing integration matters.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in securities and corporate governance. Experience in the corporate securities practice of a strong law firm strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree plus JD from an accredited law school; excellent academic credentials.
- Experience working in the life sciences industry is a big plus.
- Detailed understanding of applicable securities laws; significant experience advising clients regarding compliance.
- Significant experience preparing SEC filings for public companies, including an understanding of relevant SEC rules and regulations.
- Managing complex corporate transactions and reporting requirements.
- Ability to effectively evaluate legal exposure, manage risk and develop creative, client-focused solutions to achieve business goals within appropriate legal guidelines.
- Hands-on, team oriented approach with flexibility and positive attitude.
- Ability to work quickly and well under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Adaptable, resourceful, driven, with a strong sense of ownership and dedication to personal excellence and constant improvement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail; strong contract drafting skills.
- Strong interest in exposure to and professional development in other practice areas relevant to a rapidly growing life sciences company.
- Willing to travel occasionally.
- Active membership in NY state bar.