We’re looking to hire a Senior Pharmaceutical Scientist to join us in our mission to discover and develop drugs that improve human health and materials that increase quality of life!
Schrödinger’s aims to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We’re currently seeking outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery collaborations.
Our drug discovery group includes designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, biochemists, and biologists with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. We also engage with Contract Research Organizations (CROs) and Consultants. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large scale compute infrastructure. Four of the programs we’ve worked on in the past seven years have progressed into the clinic; three are still progressing through trials and one is approved by the FDA.
Who will love this job:
- A passionate life scientist who understands preformulation, formulation, and biopharmaceutics principles required to get a drug from discovery through clinical development
- An accomplished innovator who’s excited about solving formulation challenges and creating formulation technologies to improve solubility and bioavailability of poorly water-soluble drugs
- An experienced pharmaceutical product developer who’s familiar with CMC regulatory requirements and project management
- A multidisciplinary collaborator who enjoys managing CRO research teams
- A highly-organized problem-solver who has excellent communication, presentation, and critical thinking skills
What you’ll do:
- Design formulations and process for complex and challenging compounds to support research from discovery to clinical development
- Troubleshoot formulation and process challenges independently and provide solutions to meet project timelines
- Participate in multidisciplinary team efforts to make decisions on compound and program progression
- Manage formulation research and development activities at CRO partners
- Write and review CMC reports and documentation for regulatory filings
- Stay informed on trends and emerging developments regarding research and development in the fields of pharmaceutical sciences
What you should have:
- A PhD in Pharmaceutics, Physical Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering, or Pharmaceutical Sciences
- At least five years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience (a candidate with a Master’s degree in a relevant field and extensive industrial experience will be also considered)