We’re looking to hire an Enterprise Developer to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
As a member of our LiveDesign team, you’ll help improve and maintain the backend code of Enterprise products used by our Biologics Informatics customers. This is an excellent opportunity for those looking to transition from research science into full-time professional software development while still leveraging a scientific background. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in the life sciences, and experience with biotherapeutics along with experience writing object-oriented code with multiple components/modules. Previous experience in professional software development is not required, but an interest in adopting best engineering practices is.
A successful candidate will:
- Work well in a collaborative environment
- Be eager to adopt good software engineering practices and methodologies
- Be able to write clear, highly organized, and maintainable code
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate closely within a cross-functional agile team composed of product designers, developers and testers to deliver features and functionality that meet business and product goals
- Design, implement and maintain robust solutions for biotherapeutic informatics and design
- Implement unit tests and integration tests to drive development efficiency
- Participate in an environment that encourages learning and high code quality
What you’ll need:
- A BS, MS or PhD in the life sciences
- Familiarity with concepts around biotherapeutics (such as antibodies, DNA/RNA, peptides) and bioinformatics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with most of:
- Source control (GIT, SVN, etc)
- Open source technologies
- Linux/UNIX operating system
- professional or academic software development using object oriented languages like Python or Java
- Writing software that communicates directly with 3rd party software
- Experience with the following is a plus:
- The biotherapeutic discovery process in both the wet lab and bioinformatic aspects (e.g. BLAST, HELM, sequence based SAR)
- Relational or non-relational databases
- Large scale distributed computing (Kafka, Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark)
- Building a system that operated on greater than 10 machines
- Experience with microservices architecture
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.