We’re looking for a Solutions Architect to join us in our mission to design drugs that improve human health and materials that increase the quality of life!
Schrödinger, a technology leader specializing in software solutions for life science research and development, is looking for a Solutions Architect who will work directly with top-tier customers, scientists, and developers to deploy, configure, and tune the company's high-end suite of molecular modeling and informatics applications and related systems. As a Solutions Architect, you’ll have the unique opportunity to support our customers with an in-depth understanding of and passion for our software, and you’ll help them customize the Schrödinger platform to their particular needs.
The ideal candidate is an excellent problem-solver, fast learner, and great communicator. This person should also have plenty of motivation to learn and the tenacity required to accomplish the team's mission.
- Ensure that our software performs optimally in the customer environment (ranging from smaller scale desktop environments to sophisticated HPC and cloud environments)
- Design and implement optimal deployment strategies and interfaces for integration into customer systems and technologies
- Work closely with our customers on the installation, configuration, and update/maintenance of on premises or cloud hosted installations
- Collaborate with product managers, scientists and developers to improve the deployment, support and configuration aspects of Schrödinger applications
- Partner with our global IT team to support and improve Schrödinger’s internal infrastructure
- In-depth understanding of the Linux system and very good experience with system administration tasks, including very good skills in at least one scripting language (e.g., bash, python)
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting abilities
- Good knowledge about technologies used in desktop and HPC environments (e.g. distributed resource management systems, application deployment systems, networking)
- Experience with technologies commonly used in web-based applications (e.g., certificate management, reverse proxy configuration, SQL databases)
- Cloud computing experience with at least one major resource provider (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience with performance monitoring and investigation and analysis of performance issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel
- Business level English or higher and fluency in Japanese
- Experience in cheminformatics and/or organic chemistry
- Experience with research data management & IT environments in the pharmaceutical or other scientific industry
- GPGPU computing experience
- Advanced networking experience, e.g. DNS, routing, firewalls, proxies, VPCs, NAT gateways